• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Breaker one nine.

Yes the laws were written by hams.

I don't know how you figure that. There are hams on staff at the FCC and also EVERY other profession in the USA. That does not mean that hams, or non-hams, are responsible anymore than the CB'ers that also on staff. There seems to be a group of people that believe that all the anti-freebander laws and all the actions taken against them comes from hams on staff at the FCC and these same people believe that all hams should be removed from the FCC. Is that not discrimination? Should someone be removed from their job simply because of a hobby they choose to be part of? Yes, some stupid list of "banned" radios was written up by a couple hams but that had nothing to do with actual laws as has been proven in court several times. The "list" was never an FCC action and was never a law.

If all the laws that make freebanding illegal were lifted there would be little or no freebanding as it works now.

The hams would converge on those frequencies and pound the living s#1T out of the freebanders.

I just remembered,up here all our federal radio inspectors (if they are still called that) are required to obtain a ham ticket as part of their job. If they ever wanted to inspect a station and confirm it as the source of trouble they themselves would have to actually operate the radio equipment. They cannot force the operator to TX and since an amateur station may only be operated by another licensed operator that means that the radio inspector must be licensed.A station may be operated by an unlicensed person under the direct supervision of a licensed ham but how many guys facing a fine would grant a radio inspector the right to operator his radio. One of those strange but true things I guess.

I just remembered,up here all our federal radio inspectors (if they are still called that) are required to obtain a ham ticket as part of their job. If they ever wanted to inspect a station and confirm it as the source of trouble they themselves would have to actually operate the radio equipment. They cannot force the operator to TX and since an amateur station may only be operated by another licensed operator that means that the radio inspector must be licensed.A station may be operated by an unlicensed person under the direct supervision of a licensed ham but how many guys facing a fine would grant a radio inspector the right to operator his radio. One of those strange but true things I guess.

I was present at two FCC inspections of ham stations. Both times they had the licensees transmit right over ragchew communications. They said to identify as an FCC test + callsign.

Now just hold on a minute! Who builds these over modulated...splattering radios that you guys complain about, the truck drivers? Hell 90 % of em cant even set the echo right on there radios, are they the ones building and modifying there radios? Hell no! It's the THOUSANDS of so called CB techs out there clipping this...or swinging that....that are the cause of the interference that many complain about.

Out of the great multitude of CB shops i have stopped at over the years ( pretty much everyone i could get my truck into ) i have never had one to tell me not to do this or that. Just hand me the cash and i will make you a truck stop god! Locals on the base stations are the same way. Everyone has been lied to over the years by these people whose only concern was to make as much money as possible no matter what the finished product would sound like. So now people think that clipping..swinging..over modulated radios are the only way to go but in the end all they accomplish is showing everyone how stupid they are!

Don't blame the truckers, dont blame the guys talking local. Blame the damn CB shops!

I REALLY THINK YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD,WITH THE ABOVE
STATEMENT.
keep in mind one thing,,if you go out and buy a new radio now days
right from the manufacturer ,,it is probably junk,under powered
not tuned properly,way off frequency,receive not set properly,
so it must be sent to a CB SHOP,just to get it to work,as it should
have in the first place,the quality control has been thrown out the window.
the old rigs-60's70's early 80's, were all as good as they could be
right off the shelf,its just a damn shame what is being sold out there now.
:headbang

Now just hold on a minute! Who builds these over modulated...splattering radios that you guys complain about, the truck drivers? Hell 90 % of em cant even set the echo right on there radios, are they the ones building and modifying there radios? Hell no! It's the THOUSANDS of so called CB techs out there clipping this...or swinging that....that are the cause of the interference that many complain about.

Out of the great multitude of CB shops i have stopped at over the years ( pretty much everyone i could get my truck into ) i have never had one to tell me not to do this or that. Just hand me the cash and i will make you a truck stop god! Locals on the base stations are the same way. Everyone has been lied to over the years by these people whose only concern was to make as much money as possible no matter what the finished product would sound like. So now people think that clipping..swinging..over modulated radios are the only way to go but in the end all they accomplish is showing everyone how stupid they are!

Don't blame the truckers, dont blame the guys talking local. Blame the damn CB shops!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Guns don't kill people, people kill people!

I would place blame equally on both parties. The ratchet jaw promoting the cause and the merchant filing the market need.

What you would be asking for is regulation on a gray market. Kinda like asking the state to make sure the scales a drug dealer uses were certified accurate. :sneaky2:

I have seen my fair share of butcher shops and had my fair share of butchered radios. I choose not to take that road anymore. Although I still have a "channel 6" Cobra 25 around here somewhere.:D

People need to take this less seriously. This is a hobby to me,, if I dot like what is going on I just change the channel or turn it off.(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.