• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Browning Golden Eagle Mark 3 SSB transmitter

Retro CB Guy

Jun 22, 2014
I'm just looking for the original Mark 3 relays folks ! Maybe there is somebody out that has a few or one new one that they could part with to me...

Mine has a Magnecraft W77CSX-5 which is 110 VDC !

Thanks and Paypal will be used to pay for it, Retro 73's

I'm just looking for the original Mark 3 relays folks ! Maybe there is somebody out that has a few or one new one that they could part with to me...

Mine has a Magnecraft W77CSX-5 which is 110 VDC !

Thanks and Paypal will be used to pay for it, Retro 73's

Yes I know about Berketts website and the 2 part relays setup they have but prefer the originals...

The only way to find an original is if you can find a parts radio or someone has one from an old radio I searched hi and low for a new one Good luck Ya neve know maybe you’ll get lucky

The Magnecraft "W77" relay was discontinued 30-plus years ago. There was at least one second source that was compatible, but not since the early 1980s.

The more-plentiful 'ice-cube' size relays you can still buy just won't fit the original socket. This is why Barkett sells you a new socket and a relay, both. It's all he can obtain.

We adopted a policy of using a 12-Volt relay when it's necessary to replace a W77 that's genuinely worn out. Only takes two rectifiers and two filter caps to 'borrow' the 6.3-Volt AC power for the tubes' heaters. The installation is a bit more complex, but eliminates the shock hazard from the mike wiring. After all, the new relay socket is wired in a very different pattern from the old one. The additional trouble to do it this way is not so much in comparison.

I bet FIXER (Alan Price) has some. He has a lot of parts for Browning & Tram. I think his web site is Tubes Plus but not 100% sure? We are FB friends so I could ask him if all other sources fail.

SIX-SHOOTER

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?