• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Bset Antenna For a Coach RV

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
They key question is what is the body made of. If it's fiberglass, he's going to have some work to do....

</p>

Hi all:

I have a friend who owns a Coach RV 38 Ft. Endeavor 2002.

He went over to a Dealer to have a small Rat Shack CB Radio installed,they put a little wimpy antenna that is about 12 inches tall and his SWR is around 3.

I open for suggestion about the best performance antenna he can get for his application.

One thing to mention,he might consider to install the antenna on the side of the coach by the mirror or the framing post.

Thanks in advance.

Tecnicoloco

CDX-171

Puerto Peñasco,Sonora,Mexico.

</p>

Re: Best Antenna For a Coach RV

A regular radio or even a radio with a small amp is not going to do any damage to the computer.

I have a friend with an RV with a no-ground antenna. It stinks. Here's one idea that will work: You can get some pretty thick copper foil or a sheet of thin copper from a metal supply shop. Silicone it down to the roof of the motorhome. Now you have a groundplane. Then you can use a standard L bracket mount drilled into the top side of the motorhome. If you put the mount up high toward the top edge of the motorhome, you can run a piece of ground strap up to the copper. Or you could use something like a gumball mount on the top of the roof right through the copper with a wilson 2000 or something like that.

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.