• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Build a Magnetic Loop?

Totally agree. i dont plan to run past 100w. 99.999% of the time on any Mag Loop

If you have a full head of thick wavy hair, I'm not sure I'd use it without remote tuning and about 25' away. If, on the other hand, you're older and it's already pretty thin up there I'd say go for it. (y)

i have to use the mfj magnetic loop because
of dam hoa ruled. i know move right. ill save you the trouble of posting it. its not in the cards to move. so im must use stealth antennas

they dont even let you put up a flag here. bunch of UN Americans.
so im stuck with the mag loop inside. it gets out fairly good. better for dx.

Reactions: Marc@Radio59
that really sux... drape dipole on roof? launch vertical into tree and ground radials? I have a 20m cane pole vertical antenna...with radials for SOTA stuff

first off no trees i got my mfj mag loop on my balcony. does a good job. for what it is. i can talk lots of dx. up close i have to use my dipole.
but thanks for the suggestions.

first off no trees i got my mfj mag loop on my balcony. does a good job. for what it is. i can talk lots of dx. up close i have to use my dipole.
but thanks for the suggestions.
J666, Are you running any power with that MLA? I just completed one and trying to decide if I want to put a vacuum variable on it. Since I live in an HOA. Oh yes I am going to run some power!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated