• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Burning eyes and headache

Status
Not open for further replies.
You must love seeing a grown man cry.

You know we can't actually see it, but you know.:D

Your Kung Fu is strong and admired in the proper circles.;)

He was testing at 80 meters while connected to what I assume was a chain link fence which I'm sure had a direct bonding to earth ground.

Don't most types of dipoles do well at at least one or two wave lengths above earth?

darn, i missed the action:cry: oh well, perhaps he also asked this on the 'ZED,........... i'll go check there :eek::eek:.

as far as a chain link fence goes, i have found that they can be a really poor ground, the links may or may not actually really contact each other due to oxidation forming and acting as an insulator.

a low mounted dipole on 80 will work fine as an NVIS antenna, just get a reflecter about 3 to 5% longer under it. but,......... for "most" applications, the higher, the better. YMMV

darn, i missed the action:cry: oh well, perhaps he also asked this on the 'ZED,........... i'll go check there :eek::eek:.

as far as a chain link fence goes, i have found that they can be a really poor ground, the links may or may not actually really contact each other due to oxidation forming and acting as an insulator.

a low mounted dipole on 80 will work fine as an NVIS antenna, just get a reflecter about 3 to 5% longer under it. but,......... for "most" applications, the higher, the better. YMMV
I saw very good (flat) swr on 80 with mine mounted horizontally at 35' or so with a tuner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.