• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

C.B.'s spotted on Longmire!

2RT307

Nov 22, 2011
Texas
This may be old news, but I spotted this on the Longmire show. Looks like an old Radio Shack Navaho base with a Cobra mobile on top. Using a Turner Super Sidekick. Pretty cool!

Brett
20160804_134327.jpg

Reactions: BBB

So I'm not the only to gets excited when I recognize a radio on tv or in a movie. I usually go nuts when something isn't right. My XYL thought I'd lost it when I flipped out watching the series "The Killing" when apparently in 2015 the Seattle PD uses a Kenwood TS-830 tuned to 20 meters as their base station radio. LOL

Reactions: 2RT307
So I'm not the only to gets excited when I recognize a radio on tv or in a movie. I usually go nuts when something isn't right. My XYL thought I'd lost it when I flipped out watching the series "The Killing" when apparently in 2015 the Seattle PD uses a Kenwood TS-830 tuned to 20 meters as their base station radio. LOL

Right! I've seen some ham equipment on some of the zombie shows like Walking Dead, IIRC. Nice that the PD is using 20 meters for communication. lol I really like it when they don't know how to do the push to talk... looks reallly funny.

Brett

Some shows just dont try.
Saw Csi cyber tracking a microwave router link . The freq readout was 600 KCs and the actor was holding a 2m yagi upright pointing at the sky.
And I hate the way on many shows the radios appear full duplex and they can hear or track the other party even though they aren't transmitting.

Right! I really like it when they don't know how to do the push to talk... looks reallly funny.

Brett

I get especially irritated when they are talking and the shot happens to catch the back of the radio with no antenna connected!

And I hate the way on many shows the radios appear full duplex and they can hear or track the other party even though they aren't transmitting.

So you can hear everyone getting eaten by zombies! lol

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.