• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Can't get the noise out of my Radio, foot on or off the gas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Friend of mine has one of those kind of hopped up. He calls it a "Poor Man's Porsche" . Damned thing will run like a scalded cat on steroids. I can't keep up in my Dodge 3500 4x4 with tools and welding machine, but if I do I can roll right over him.

"He who has the biggest wheels wins!" I do envy that car.

Ok, let's slow down a second.

I could replace the fan.....But now I have a sensor showing up..... I need to think for a few days and get back to it.

Considering this whole mess, we may have uncovered a larger problem - and I think it's related or can tie this all together within a simple fix, only thing is to get to it...

You mentioned the fan, we seem to have isolated it to that.

Now you have an Air bag sensor light (SRS-ABS).

Ok, the age of the car is what has me concerned. The places they may have to locate wire harness runs and their tie offs to ground. You experienced the relay issue...

Ok, the relay assembly that whole box thing - does it have a return? Or does it use a bolt that mounts it to the firewall and it also grounds it?

There is internal buss wiring in that assembly that can corrode with age because not all of it is sealed.

Ok, in thinking this over, that Fan covers the radiator, but that doesn't mean the radiator has a bracket that grounds it - it's prolly more like as what I experienced in my Scion - plastic and more plastic to absorb impact...

So the Air bag impact (shock) sensor as well as that Fan - may have a grounding route to partially follow back to the relay...or the entire mess returns back to the relay - and the connectors are showing their age.

I've yanked out the A/C in vehicles because of that stuff - not telling you to do it, but in knowing what I know now...I'd never would have let it (the connectors exposed to elements) go that long - each car is different and some are engineering marvels and others are just plain stupid designs. Toyota, Nissan Honda - are no different - each make of their brand has flaws I found a ton (ok lots more than just several) of them and once fixed - no further concerns worries or otherwise - a quick glance over to see it's condition and if ok - we're done - onto the rest of the maintenance checklist.

IN my experiences, the crossmember that holds that radiator - is behind it right? It also hold the condenser for the A/C the hot side exchanger - so if the age of the vehicle is a concern - the bolts to hold the crossmember as well as that assembly which floats ahead of it on standoffs - if the fan is buzzing- you may need to investigate even more closely - there may be trouble brewing.

Why? I had a brat in my older neighborhood that used to wait for the bus to school by my house - one day after a night of third shift I got home and he came over to lean and sit on my truck while he waited - I didn't mind at first until I saw what he was doing with small pebbles - he was tossing them into the A/C fan unit inside the front trim cowl. Thank god I never used A/C in that vehicle because I had pulled the belt off due to it needing service. The clutch got pulled too so get it in for service.

Parked my vehicle in the garage from then on. Don't need the hassle...

Why am I telling you this? Because you can't prevent stupid no matter how hard you try . That kid taught me a lesson in how to prevent a disaster. You still have a mess but if you can prevent rocks from smashing your fan blades into your condenser unit or radiator - this may be related to the corrosion and brackets - gotta take that cowl off, maybe the crossmember and look, possibly to immediately service it, to fix the problem.

Because of water entry - there may be a fan speed sensor that is "Ringing" away due to the fan comes on now to cool the engine being off idle...if not corrected, the bearing may fail - and your car will overheat. It's been one h*ll of a baking summer this year - but that does you no good if winter hits and the fan can't turn because the bearings in it froze up. You can offset that by running your heater full blast - until you are baking too.

MV5BODZhODE1YmItNTJjYS00NmVlLWJiZDAtZjc4ZTc3YTVjYTI2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg
All of this dismantling a Honda reminded me of Jamie Farr eating a jeep on M.A.S.H.

As a little fat boy, I ain’t driving no car without a properly working AC system. And I have two Honda’s in the yard and the AC on both them is stone cold, son.

In turn, again as a little fat boy, I shall not run heat until thy can is baking, for it won’t take very long anyway.

And I believe he said the car was his moms and I don’t imagine he’s planning on removing anything or parting with it. So like Bobby Boucher said “no momma, the search continues”.

have you tried putting a ground wire to the radio bracket to a seat bolt to see if that changes any thing. I had a S10 pickup that had a horrible noise in it just like you are having and the ground to the external portion of the radio took about 75% of the noise out.; just a thought that you can try.

Reactions: Mudduckmobile
And so it ends.
1. Drivers side fan. There is almost no noise when the Drivers side fan is not on line.
Spent $5 (us) got a pick and pull fan.
2. Found a plug not fitting into socket right. Cleaned snapped back in, all good air bag light not coming on now.
3. Replaced 2 factory ground straps with 2in. Braid I have.
It's Fixed.
Thank you.
(y)

We all had ideas that should be in a book. Cause all are possible noise makers.was afraid we were gonna have to get couple jap engineers from honda show up.
Happy you cured it n found other things needing atgention

OK guys.....Rwb and TheRealPorkChop....that's enough of the racial slurs and memes.You have derailed this thread enough and any more and it will be you that gets derailed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.