• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Carl Built

No, smart business sense. If there is a demand and you have most of the supply, they have to buy from you. Carl makes his money and Rooster makes his, which is why they both do it.
If Carl and Rooster came to the agreement that Carl would no longer sell to the public...That would be smart business sense....Capitolism at it's finest...lol

I will never buy another GM truck as well, I drove to the GM factory and they refused to sell me a new truck!
Told me some crap about having to go to a GMC Dealer to buy a truck
What's up with that?

Jeff
Its all about the money. EVERYONE these days only cares about money. Money, money, money, money, give me more money! Lol, ridiculous. In the great days of old it was about building customer relations, loyal and repeat customers, frienships etc. Even at the risk of losing a dollar. Because they all knew that the flow of money would be regular and stable after these conditions were met. Nowadays nobody gives a shit if they ever see you again or do business with you at all.

I will never buy another GM truck as well, I drove to the GM factory and they refused to sell me a new truck!
Told me some crap about having to go to a GMC Dealer to buy a truck
What's up with that?

Jeff
I have never heard of a car/truck plant selling to walk in customers. That's whay they have car dealerships. If you do a google search this is what you get.

Car manufacturers can not sell directly to consumers because the law prohibits it. Virtually every US state and territory has regulations forcing manufacturers to sell their cars to consumers via a dealership.

The only reason on-line places like Vroom can sell is they deal in used vehicles

I have never heard of a car/truck plant selling to walk in customers. That's whay they have car dealerships. If you do a google search this is what you get.

Car manufacturers can not sell directly to consumers because the law prohibits it. Virtually every US state and territory has regulations forcing manufacturers to sell their cars to consumers via a dealership.

The only reason on-line places like Vroom can sell is they deal in used vehicles
There was just a little sarcasm in my post .
Just a little.
Some manufacturer's only sell wholesale, some will sell factory direct but sell at MSRP to protect the dealer network.
That's how retail works.

Jeff

So, you want to go into the amplifier-building business, eh?

You'll put out a wad of money to obtain all the needed materials, and hire the labor to finish the job.

And the money will come trickling in, one amplifier at a time as they sell one by one.

If you're willing to "hold the bag" while the money comes trickling in, that's great.

And if you want a payday that's at least a decent fraction of what you shelled out to build them, selling wholesale to a retail dealer is the way to go.

Just a choice.

Reactions: 144inBama

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.