• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Carl Korn of Cobra fame

Zman

K9FON
Nov 26, 2009
Is he still alive? He was the father of the Cobra brand name in the day.. I noticed a lot of the older Cobra CB radios instruction books have him on one of the beginning pages.. It always says "have a good day today and a better day tomorrow!" on the 3rd page or so, LOL.

From Google
Cobra Electronics Corporation, a leading global designer and marketer of mobile communications and navigation products, today announced that James Bazet, Cobra's President and Chief Executive Officer since 1998, has assumed the additional role of Chairman of the Board, effective September 24, 2008.

The Company also announced that Carl Korn is retiring after 47 years of service. He is formally resigning from the Board of Directors but has accepted the position of Chairman Emeritus. Korn, 87, founded Cobra Electronics (formerly Dynascan) in 1961. He was President and CEO from 1961 to 1985. He has been Chairman of the Board since 1961. Under his leadership, Cobra grew to achieve worldwide sales of more than $150 million.

Jim Bazet, Cobra's new Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, said, "It has been a privilege and great pleasure to work with Carl serving as both my friend and my mentor. In recognition of his years of devoted service and creative energy to Cobra, the Board of Directors felt that the Chairman Emeritus title was a well-deserved tribute to Carl."

Korn commented, "My time with Cobra Electronics has been an amazing journey. I am very comfortable with this transition in leadership and have the utmost confidence in Jim's abilities to lead our company going forward."

This article doesn't mention him starting B&K Electronic testing equipment. And he still lives.

Last edited:
I have a few pieces of B&K test equipment, not to bad for what they are.

They wont be worth a hoot if they keep making junk gear!!! I sent my 148 GTL Chinese model in for repairs and the tech had to do a BUNCH of mods to get it to work at all on SSB...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.