1. You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
    Dismiss Notice

CB (11 Meter) Contest this coming weekend

Discussion in 'WDX Club Contest Information' started by binrat, Jul 5, 2015.

1. binrat

binrat WDX Club Coordinator
    Staff Member

Ladies and Gentlemen,
    Contest for this coming weekend (11-12 July), here is the goods. If you see any errors, let me know.

• Only contacts with other WDX members count in the contest. The roster may be found as a sticky thread locatedhttp://www.worldwidedx.com/threads/wdx-roster-11-30-2014.28909/
    • Channels: 20-29 AM, 30-39 LSB
    • Date/Time: 07/11/15, 0000 Zulu through 07/12/15 2359 Zulu. If you're not sure how UTC time works, check herehttp://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html?p1=3875
    • Logs must be posted in the WDX Club Contest Contacts forum by the end of contest. Create only one thread for your contacts. You can edit or reply to your own thread, using it as your log throughout the contest. The format is attached as an Excel file. It may be an excel attachment OR pasted into your thread.At the end of the contest, the contacts forum will be locked, so make sure you upload all of your contacts before the end date/time.
    • There is a 2x multiplier for mobile, portable, or maritime contacts. If you operate as mobile, maritime, or portable during the contest, you are credited with the multiplier for any contacts you make. If you operate as a base, you receive a multiplier for any contact you make with a mobile, portable, or maritime contact. 3x multiplier for any contacts outside of CON US and Canada. Make sure you clearly designate these in your log
    • No amplifiers allowed, CB legal limit.
    • Contacts will be verified against each others' logs
    • This is an "on your honor" contest and intended to be fun. Please play by the rule.
    • BE A COURTEOUS OPERATOR, PROMOTE THE SITE, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY HAVE FUN!

Attached Files:

2. binrat

Staff Member

Well, anybody playing??

3. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T

I will be.

binrat likes this.
  4. binrat

Staff Member

Well, contest is over. Did anyone make contacts?? I for one could not get any antennas up due to bad weather. :(

5. doctor

doctor Supporting Member

NO no conditions here at all.
    DOCTOR/795

6. RatsoW8

RatsoW8 Supporting Member, W9WDX ARC Member - WD8T

10 and 11 were dead here on Saturday and 11 was a mess on Sunday. Never heard anyone.

7. 222DBFL

222DBFL Sr. Member

I was in the same boat as you Binrat. Bad weather and redid my mast setup. At least I got my feedpoint to 27ft from 18ft. One more section and I'll be at 35ft and I'll call it a day at that point. For now antenna needs to be retuned I believe as it tuned a bit low for my liking. Shouldn't be hard the way I have it setup now. Pull a couple bolts and let her down to roof level!! So now with my tornado I am 50ft to the tip and exactly 27ft to the feedpoint! All done by myself this weekend. Moved antenna and current mast pipe from one side of chimney to other. Got it further away from the neighbors house and more toward center of my house! Anyway, maybe we can try again very soon now. I'm off on the weekends now so I will def. participate!! Here is a shot of the new position of antenna. It was on the right side before. And before anyone asks, there is no choke, I have ferrite chokes at the feedpoint so no choke. Works well, and has made many contacts since moving it. Must have talked to 20 people last night from KY, TN, NJ, WV, VA, and some other states as well. I'm happy. Sorry for the text wall. Just excited it finally got my ass motivated enough to move the antenna and mounted it right this time. It's braced at the roof and at the top of the chimney! Worked out perfectly even with just me doing all the work!!

Attached Files:

binrat likes this.
  8. space cowboy

space cowboy Quack Quack

just saw this. you should send out a site-wide PM or something. I would have played, not that skip has been rolling.