• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB and the FCC

Ok,

Now thanks to Mr.Peddler...I have a new mission in life.......... ;) 8)

To figure out what the he$!....(-... . ... .. - .. . ... /-.-- --- ..-) means ;) :shock: :shock

Y'ALL Have A Happy New Year................I now have 364 days to figure this out :roll: :roll: :p

Snoope back hiding in the snow.............Any bets on CWM helping me :?: ;)

You guys are the best... ;) 8) 8)
I am already recieving help on "CODE"...

And people still wonder why this place stays so popular......

Who says an "Old Dog" can't teach a "New Dog" a few tricks :D :LOL: :LOL: ..

Snoope back hiding in the snow......this time with something to read ;) 8)

.... .- .--. .--. -.-- / -. . .-- / -.-- . .- .-.

CW you still didn't answer my question, I have that same list here and had it for several years. My question was who still uses the freqs, when, where, and what mode, I didn't want the list, like I said before during ww2 the military used parts of what is now in the cb freqs, that dosen't mean they are still using them today same as those freqs on that list. If they still are used tell us when by whom and what mode?

yama junk owna said:
CW you still didn't answer my question, I have that same list here and had it for several years. My question was who still uses the freqs, when, where, and what mode, I didn't want the list, like I said before during ww2 the military used parts of what is now in the cb freqs, that dosen't mean they are still using them today same as those freqs on that list. If they still are used tell us when by whom and what mode?

That's just IT! They don't HAVE to use them in accordance to how YOU or I see it. BUT!!!!! If they have need of them because they are ASSIGNED to them and YOU are there jabbering away, you are up the creek. No one can tell you WHO, HOW, or WHEN they use them and they are not obligated to use them in some manner that suits a "freebander".
I used an analogy that was not picked up on earlier. I purchased a rake, a shovel, and a hoe. In addition to all my other tools, they remain stored in the shed most of the time. When I go out to the shed, I expect those tools to be there when I need them. I don't HAVE to use them, nor do I have to use them in accordance to someone else's wishes. And the law of the land protects me if someone decides to "borrow" them without my permission. That old hoe could sit there for YEARS gathering dust. It is MINE! :D Not yours, not the neighbor's, not my cousin's. MINE! You do not have the right to use my rake, shovel, or hoe without MY express authorization, and if I discover it missing and also learn WHO took it when I needed it, then the law will deal with the thief! :shock:

The same law applies to radio spectrum. It is *there* as an intangible "possession" determined by the various governments as to how it will be used. Your "permission" to USE that intangible property is by license or express written authorization to use those resources. The "owners" (government=Congress in the USA) have placed certain spectrum resources at the disposal of government, military, commercial entities for their use. They are NOT required to, nor can they be dictated to, as to HOW, WHEN, or WHY they will use these resources. Like those dusty old tools in my barn, they *may* remain unused for a time, be used occasionally, or not at all; it STILL belongs to them. Ergo, when someone swipes my rake--even with some intent to bring it back--OR steals spectrum, he is a thief no less than one who steals a pension check from a widow :evil:

The answer is, it doesn't MATTER *IF* the users of 27.415 thru 29.999 NEVER transmit there, the lame "I can't see no harm in me usin' them channels" is a feeble EXCUSE for THEFT, NOT a reason.

*I* can't tell you how or when these frequencies are used. All I can say is, IF there is a need for them by all those military and gov't guys, they damn well better be available or there will be h-ll to pay. Those frequencies WON'T have somebody jabbering away 24/7. I DO hear digital bursts at times up there when I am spinning the dial on the way to 28 MHZ. Some of it is remote control devices and remote transmitter site commands. Only each operator, CB or otherwise, can decide if he has the decency, the moral character, and the sense NOT to steal what doesn't belong to him! :(

CWM

So with all this jibber- jabber..can I use the frequencies between 26.945 and 27.545??? :roll: :roll:

I do like all of this "New Knowledge".......

Thank you "Old Dog"....life in 2006 is going to be fun :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: ....

Snoope back .... .. -.. .. -. --./ .. -. / -.... ./ ...- .--- .--

Ok lets go at it at this angle. If your neighbor came over and asked, CW may I use your rake that you have in the shed to level my yard with, your answer is going to be no I bought that rake 30 years ago to level my own yard and someday I may want to rake again so you can't use it?
This is where we are at with the freqs, at one time they may have served the military, but with todays technology, and the gear that the military has now be honest do you really see them using 27.575 for anything?
Now this gets back to the root of the whole thing, if cbers as a whole would petition the fcc for a few more freqs, and the ARRL would stay out of it there is really no reason that a few more freqs could not be given. Because the argument that they belong to so and so kinda falls back to the rack thing, in that if they have no intrest in them why not let them be put to legal use

If you want those freqs so badly, why haven't you filed a petition with FCC or NTIA to relase them for civilian usage? Don't go grumbling at the hams, we don't control anything. We have the 10 meter amateur band and the 12 meter amateur band to operate from. And yes, we don't like unlicensed intruders there. We went through a period of studying and taking exams in order to use those freqs. Intruders haven't done so, so why should we get sneered at? If you want something that badly, get off your ass and file the papers. Anyone can petition the FCC. The info on how to do it is probably available on their website. So quit crying about it and be an adult and take the required steps to file the papers.

yama junk owna said:
Ok lets go at it at this angle. If your neighbor came over and asked, CW may I use your rake that you have in the shed to level my yard with, your answer is going to be no I bought that rake 30 years ago to level my own yard and someday I may want to rake again so you can't use it?

Permission in this case= MY verbal permission for you to use the rake. Permission for use of frequencies= a paper LICENSE or written AUTHORIZATION from the controlling agency to occupy frequencies.

If *I* want to allow you to use my rake, I can. If I am P.O'ed at you, I can say NO! You can't. Period and end of story. If NTIA, Army, Navy, USAF or other controlling agency holds frequency assets, it is the same thing. They may hold them "in the barn", so to speak until the cows come home. Like the rake, they ARE the property of said agency until they formally release them OR NTIA reassigns them. If you trespass in my barn or swipe my rake there are penalties. If you trespass on frequencies, there are penalties. There is where the gamble is!

This is where we are at with the freqs, at one time they may have served the military, but with todays technology, and the gear that the military has now be honest do you really see them using 27.575 for anything?

Yama, you are not reading my replies. You are thinking like a CBer!! Now before you think "WOW! He's insulted me," look at it this way. From the standpoint of CB radio, the first thing one is going to think of is AM and SSB and jabber, jabber, jabber, jabber, jabber. Frequencies are not necessarily used JUST for voice operations! The CBer goes up on 27.445 and hears a short "brrrrrrp". "Hmmm, he thinks, just a burst of static". BRRRRRRRRRRUP! "Why, they ain't nobody using this here channel, so I kin just shoot some of that old skip thar".
That "brrrrp" might have been a type of Pactor, Packet, RTTY, or a tone signal that turns on remote bases, or other communications assets. They can be used as digital links to other frequencies similar to the way hams use 440 or 220 to link to a 10 Meter, or a 6 Meter repeater. They can be HF uplinks and downlinks to satellites that only require that short "brrrp" or a quick tone that sounds to the CBer like static or some mysterious noise. That's what they WANT you to think, and they aren't going to tell you, YES, we' re a-usin this here channel!!!!!" :D Some are buffers between other frequencies that DO get used for various purposes. And THEY-ARE-NOT-GOING-TO-GIVE-THEM-UP-ANYTIME-SOON!!! :p Once again, they do not HAVE to tell you what, why, when, and how they will use their frequencies, and they will use them--or NOT use them--as they see fit. :)

Now this gets back to the root of the whole thing, if cbers as a whole would petition the fcc for a few more freqs, and the ARRL would stay out of it there is really no reason that a few more freqs could not be given. Because the argument that they belong to so and so kinda falls back to the rack thing, in that if they have no intrest in them why not let them be put to legal use

We've debated this over, and over, and over, and over, and over (ad nauseum).

1. FCC does NOT control those frequencies.

2. FCC does NOT trump NTIA.

3. ARRL has nothing to do with it one way or the other unless
CBers were trying to get part of THEIR spectrum.

CB Radio has ALL it is ever going to get with regard to 27 MHZ.
That is just a fact. Other frequencies *may* be made available
as other groups and agencies move up into the gigahertz range leaving more in 150-170 MHZ. Any additional civilian frequencies uses will be done on VHF or higher similar to FRS and MURS. They are not ABOUT to authorize a competing radio service to Amateur Radio, nor are they going to take a chance of inviting more mischief on the part of CBers! :shock:

There is an orderly, logical and effective way to get more "channels" as CBers always clamor for. It is called the Amateur Radio license. More "channels" than you can shake a stick at. In fact, it was here before CB was ever thought of! It INVENTED radio itself!! Marconi was, in every sense, a "ham".
The difference is, you have to do just a tad of work to "E A R N" it! :D It isn't just given out like Cracker Jacks. Not hard at all, but makes one feel as tho he has accomplished just a little.
CB just cries "gimme, gimme, gimme, me, me, me, me, me"
"I want mo' channels, I want mo' watts, I want mo' this, I want mo that!!!!! But I don't want to have to do just an eensy bit of work for it :( I mean, C'mon!!!!! :D What's WITH all this
"I DESERVE all this simply because I can pick up a mike"?

Go-get-that-ticket-if-you-haven't-already and show the world what kind of radio op you are instead drooling over (or stealing) what is assigned to others!!! :D :p

As far as myself I have legal access to all the freqs I will ever need, but I can see past the air intake located between my eyes. You can push your agenda all you want and the only thing you will get in the end is enemies. The whole problem is that the establishment (fcc, ham, gov, whatever) thought if we ignore it they will go away, but it didn't. If the folks would work to solve problems instead of trying to turn someone in to the principal we wouldn't have alot of the problems of ten meter unlicensed usage. Lets go back to the rake, instead of being a jerk and making your neighbor hate your guts, would it not be better to say lets not use that old rake I got a lawn tractor in the barn and a drag, give me a few minutes and I be over to help you. In the ham radio world it used to be called being an Elmer where has that gone? I agree there is alot on cb that should not be, but ham land has its problem children also. As far as more freqs in cb land well there is unused or underused would be a better word, freqs that could be used to lighten the burden on the overcrowded 40 channels. I am not suggesting to do the way the FCC did in the 70's, by saying here is some more freqs have at it, but with some structure in that this many set aside for am this many for ssb and why not throw a few in for fm as well. Then when these so called exports come off the ships dump them in the water, after about two or three loads the guys in china would get the picture and slow down on the shipments. But any how there are ways of helping the problem other than making fun of people ( extreeeee channnnells, ten furrrr and all that other crap that gets thrown out). To me that is what a good neighbor or elmer is about, trying to find ways to help fix a problem instead of being one!

TwistedTransistor said:
Who ever controls what, things can still get done. Doubt they ever will.... Opening up some space above and below CB would be like the speed limit increases not too long ago. All they did was adjust the law to what was happening anyway. But I repeat, I doubt it will EVER happen.

You "doubt" correctly! :D Any additional frequency resources for civilian use will be up on VHF/UHF. 8)

CWM

I have said that same thing to Jerry for years stop the Garbage help don't make fun of the cbers truckers ect
Help don't harm make the bands better for everyone. Cbers included. And yes I have debated with jerry for years under many of his names radio ray,Rover K4KWH ect Jerry help make it Better if not you just become part of the problem. I am a Extra class ham just like you. how many new hams have you elmered this year? my self 6 amd all got their ticket.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated