• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB FM Mode

whiteastro

Feb 22, 2019
Who has been trying the new FM mode for CB and what are your findings & ratings for it ? Is it very busy or is it almost dead ?

Pretty much dead, but so has dx for the most part as well. I had made a couple of rough 800 mile-ish contacts about two months ago. 26.805 is where I made contact.
Thanks Dx hasn't been too bad here but AM has really dropped off. Forget getting a radio check when testing a radio. I did order a President Thomas FCC this morning to test FM because President has a $20.00 rebate going on until 8-15-22 and that will more than pay for the shipping. Walcott Radio, Right Channel Radio has Free Shipping !

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything here on either of the "suggested" calling channels 1 or 24. About all I've been able to catch on 26.805 is a couple kerchunks, just carrier, no one talking.

Reactions: whiteastro
What I'm trying to find out is after I get into FM mode what numbers will I see on my frequency counter in channel 1-40. I seem to be having trouble finding that info.

Reactions: AudioShockwav
The dx is rolling down here around San Antonio. I made a few contacts to the Midwest on ssb, so I gave FM a try and made two solid contacts. One to Missouri and the other to Iowa. And I made rough contact to Alabama. Not bad for a mobile!

The contacts were on 26.805

The dx is rolling down here around San Antonio. I made a few contacts to the Midwest on ssb, so I gave FM a try and made two solid contacts. One to Missouri and the other to Iowa. And I made rough contact to Alabama. Not bad for a mobile!

The codeman in the mowbeel from around San Antone!

I'll have to give Fm a shot sometime.

So where does 26.805 come from? Is that some kind of lower channel or does that belong to 10 or 12 meter radio?

Reactions: AudioShockwav
26.805 is channel 23 one band below cb channel 1. It would be considered in the "freeband". When surfing the freebands you will find SSB skip above cb channel 40 and AM skip below cb channel 1. Do a web search for cb freebands to learn more.

People must be trying different channels on FM. Understand that if you are on say cb channel 40 (27.405) there are different modes of talking on the same channel. AM, FM, USB, and LSB. They will all kinda splash and interfere with each other when several users are on the same channel talking on different modes. This is why this whole FM thing is kinda pointless.

Reactions: whiteastro
26.805 is channel 23 one band below cb channel 1. It would be considered in the "freeband". When surfing the freebands you will find SSB skip above cb channel 40 and AM skip below cb channel 1. Do a web search for cb freebands to learn more.

People must be trying different channels on FM. Understand that if you are on say cb channel 40 (27.405) there are different modes of talking on the same channel. AM, FM, USB, and LSB. They will all kinda splash and interfere with each other when several users are on the same channel talking on different modes. This is why this whole FM thing is kinda pointless.
I bought a Cobra 2000 that has Extra channels but didn't come with a list and I found some of them but haven't had time to explore all the switch combos. I'll have to look for that 26.805 maybe it is there. They modified the NB & PA switches to use the extra channels and I made a list of some of them but still need to explore. One time I thought I found some 26.? channels but don't remember how the switches were positioned. I can't explore in a hurry. My problem is the To-Do list is Too Big ! LOL

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated