• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB FM Mode

That "air noise" you are talking about being higher on FM than AM is typical. That is just the way an FM receiver is. Most of the time the squelch control is hardly needed on AM but without it on FM you would go crazy listening to all the noise.
3 export radios all have fm. noisy with squelch off.as you say noisy with it off ,just fm's nature id guess

Reactions: whiteastro
My Cobra 2000GTL has 70 extra channels non-repeats. My radio has the Switch Mod using the ANL or NB and ANL/NB combinations. Not to my liking.

ANL only Chnls 15-27; 26.815 to 26.955, chnls 31 and 36; 26.995 and 27.045 respectively.
NB only Chnls 1-40; 27.605-28.045.
ANL/NB Chnls 15-27; 27.455-27.595, chnls 31 and 36; 27.635 and 27.685 respectively.

ANL and ANL/NB groups of 15 each are not entirely sequential
NB chnls 23-25 sequence jumble as well.

I've no idea of the correlation between your Switch Mod channels and mine or anyone else. The channel designation and the lack a sequence frequency variance is befunddling. It not as though there is a name sake for any of the groups; such as in the case where you might say, "go to channel 20 on PA group for more rag chewing on the matter". And I'd respond with, "Sorry, can't do. I don't have PA group, I got SHTF, LSMFT, and OMG". :)
Yeah they used those switches on my Cobra 2000 also and I'm not fond of it either and still have to discover all the extra channels. But I do love the radio in general !

3 export radios all have fm. noisy with squelch off.as you say noisy with it off ,just fm's nature id guess
Yeah I guess you'll never find the perfect radio, but I can see where that Little Thomas will trip some peoples trigger.

My Cobra 2000GTL has 70 extra channels non-repeats. My radio has the Switch Mod using the ANL or NB and ANL/NB combinations. Not to my liking.

ANL only Chnls 15-27; 26.815 to 26.955, chnls 31 and 36; 26.995 and 27.045 respectively.
NB only Chnls 1-40; 27.605-28.045.
ANL/NB Chnls 15-27; 27.455-27.595, chnls 31 and 36; 27.635 and 27.685 respectively.

ANL and ANL/NB groups of 15 each are not entirely sequential
NB chnls 23-25 sequence jumble as well.

I've no idea of the correlation between your Switch Mod channels and mine or anyone else. The channel designation and the lack a sequence frequency variance is befunddling. It not as though there is a name sake for any of the groups; such as in the case where you might say, "go to channel 20 on PA group for more rag chewing on the matter". And I'd respond with, "Sorry, can't do. I don't have PA group, I got SHTF, LSMFT, and OMG". :)
You could have the dds vfo installed and get rid of the switches.

You could have the dds vfo installed and get rid of the switches.
I was very interested the DDS-VFO until the costs were added up. Granted the DDS-VFO has a couple bells/whistles more than just a Frequency Switch Mod; but, the accumulated cost of bag of DDS-VFO parts, assembly of said parts, restoration from Switch Mod, then installation of DDS-VFO mod. You smart cookies out there could get buy with simply the cost of the bag of unassembled parts. I'd likely be looking at closer to three times that; in addition to the cost of recapping the Cobra 2000. True value cannot be denied. :( I am.

I was very interested the DDS-VFO until the costs were added up. Granted the DDS-VFO has a couple bells/whistles more than just a Frequency Switch Mod; but, the accumulated cost of bag of DDS-VFO parts, assembly of said parts, restoration from Switch Mod, then installation of DDS-VFO mod. You smart cookies out there could get buy with simply the cost of the bag of unassembled parts. I'd likely be looking at closer to three times that; in addition to the cost of recapping the Cobra 2000. True value cannot be denied. :( I am.
Your in the same boat as me and it is rickety at that ! LOL Some of us do a lot of wishful thinking ! LOL I've about shot my load on radios, now I have to start taking a look at which ones to keep and which ones to put on the block.

Reactions: Rwb
There's the DigiMax. Not quite as large a change to the radio as the DDS-VFO.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated