• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB FM

BOZODOCTOR

May 15, 2021
I read a while back fcc authorizing fm,has it gone into effect? I also saw some ops suggested chnl 35. Anyone have more information on this.
DOCTOR 795

Oh man!
We've gotta' use this!

Switch on radio and check.
R.be6babbab7c9c3b46c7d75606e5a0fb7

Just to be fair, it's anyone's guess.

IT will be localized users at first - but like with SSB, Channel 16 became, back when they used 23 channels - was the SSB "Go-To" call channel - so Your Mileage May Vary...

Reactions: Slowmover and NZ8N
Technically, the European versions of the AM/FM or AM/FM/SSB radios are not yet FCC Type Accepted for use in the US, and would need certification before use. But, that won't stop most people from using what they already have.

Also, some were suggesting Ch-1 as the FM Call Channel.

Technically, the European versions of the AM/FM or AM/FM/SSB radios are not yet FCC Type Accepted for use in the US, and would need certification before use. But, that won't stop most people from using what they already have.

Also, some were suggesting Ch-1 as the FM Call Channel.
So all they'll probably do is put a sticker on the box or radio saying "FCC Type accepted"

Reactions: Slowmover
What's gonna be the difference between whats out there now ?

If you run an Export like a 2950 nothing changes, you already have FM. What will change is once things are in production/delivery anyone can go buy a stock Cobra 29 and it will also have FM.

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated