• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB internal coax to antenna jack broke off.

This spring, I hope everyone remembers to replace the stagnant winter air in their car tires with fresh summer air! It is amazing how many people overlook this simple preventative measure.

Reactions: ForestRunner98
Muffler bearing
Sky Hook
Go find me a SWAG
thermodyne mack engines called a turbocharger an exhaust silencer. so sorry there actually is muffler bearings. those thermodyne macks came from factory straight piped

Reactions: brandon7861
Still waiting for that kid to bring back 16 inches of fallopian tube from the supply room.

Sorry Long Night for hijacking your post with this hijinks!!! It was a fun ending to your solution though. I hope your radio is up and running again!

Here's a fix I have made standard any time the factory coax socket gives me trouble in a RCI base radio. The pics show the inside of a RCI2990 that would become a bench radio. The coax socket is an upgrade. Insulation is Delrin, came from a fleabay dealer called "razern".

Biggest upgrade is that the center-pin material retains its spring temper. The factory sockets are famous for going slack.

jesKyn.jpg

A closer view shows why I use teflon coax for this task. Getting a good solder connection to the shield braid won't melt the center-conductor dielectric.

AdpV97.jpg

Didn't check to see that the wire was in focus. A piece of thin wire, like #24 is wrapped around the braid at the edge of the outer jacket and soldered. Each end bent down parallel to the coax to be the same length as the center conductor.

uHbV2r.jpg

The tiny coax socket at the other end where the factory coax plugged into the SWR meter board gets removed. The 3 wires on the end of the coax go into the 3 pcb holes where the socket came out.

7kKhQM.jpg

More than one way to skin this cat. Don't think we ever got a "re-run" complaint doing it this way.

Reactions: Smokinone
I like the idea of just using a pig tail. Radios I have with an external pigtail connector are easier to deal with when swapping antenna wires.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.