• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB or Export?

What's that radio run new? They aren't cheap! But indeed is a nice unit no doubt!! I like the old FT101E. Think that may be my base setup radio when the time comes.

What's that radio run new? They aren't cheap! But indeed is a nice unit no doubt!! I like the old FT101E. Think that may be my base setup radio when the time comes.

They run 889 free shipping.

The IC-7200 is quite heavy for its size, weighs more than a Falcon III manpack. :) its about 12-13 pounds due. It looks real nice when you actually see one. The heft and the quality paint on it.

When you consider what you get and it would be your "last radio" since it will outlast you :)

You can see the pics of the insides here. It has compartmentalized construction and gaskets everywhere and huge heatsinks for the finals.

IC-7200 Interior & Exterior Views

Reactions: 2 people
Best designed radio

IC-7200

Beautifully engineered and well thought out.
It is beyond my price range, but if I had the money I would jump on it. You get what you pay for.
I have seen only military grade equipment that had cast aluminum chassis and they were tough as nails.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
It is a very nice radio!! Maybe if I am good, my bday is Aug 10. Might have to get one. Ya think it's worth it Tallman?

It is a very nice radio!! Maybe if I am good, my bday is Aug 10. Might have to get one. Ya think it's worth it Tallman?
Like I said if I had the money I would jump on one right now. It is DEFINITELY worth it. I know you have the bucks. I worked on one, the radio was fine it turns out it was ID10T error.(Idiot for those who don't know the joke)

Good deal, might have to talk myself into one!! My buddy has been trying to get me to get a yaseu 101ft, but I am very impressed with this one!! Didn't realize it was built like it is. Looks very professional! 1 month to bday. Just enough time to work a bit of OT. Maybe you will hear me on one soon.

Got a new job which requires lots of road time, seeing how VHF and UHF is dead here and I only have VHF and UHF in the truck, been looking at going with a CB or export radio. I just Can't Decide which radio to get for the truck.
Uniden 980SSB
Galaxy DX959/979
Galaxy 95T
Galaxy 99V
RCI 2950/2970
Stryker 955
Magnum 257HP

I will def be using CB to talk to truckers and making some QSO's on 10m SSB.
Don't care for echo or roger beeps and all that jazz
Soo many choices!

x2 ranger 2970n2 or 2950dx

Good deal, might have to talk myself into one!! My buddy has been trying to get me to get a yaseu 101ft, but I am very impressed with this one!! Didn't realize it was built like it is. Looks very professional! 1 month to bday. Just enough time to work a bit of OT. Maybe you will hear me on one soon.

hehe, wait till you get it and you open up the box and lift up that radio for the first time. :D

Its worth saving for. One good radio would last you a lifetime, and its cheaper in the long run when you think of it.

I have been getting lots of good reports on the audio local and skip. (AM and SSB)

Definitely so far solid AM performer. Unlike the other products which would have terrible AM due to the poor ALC implementations in the past (ie IC-718 is a good example of bad AM). Icom definitely got it right with this one.

They run 889 free shipping.

The IC-7200 is quite heavy for its size, weighs more than a Falcon III manpack. :) its about 12-13 pounds due. It looks real nice when you actually see one. The heft and the quality paint on it.

When you consider what you get and it would be your "last radio" since it will outlast you :)

You can see the pics of the insides here. It has compartmentalized construction and gaskets everywhere and huge heatsinks for the finals.

IC-7200 Interior & Exterior Views
awsiome looking. where do ya find it for under 1000 dollares though??lol

AES has them for $899,, that's with the $100 instant coupon ,, expires 9/30/2014

I got one from them last month for this same price

Yes, they are free as well. I've never had any luck getting AES to price comp. I usually avoid them as they have a store in Ohio and I have to pay tax.

The 7200 is a darn good rig and that's a great price.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated