• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB RADIO MICROPHONE AUDIO PERFORMANCE

I don't much care for Howard, but he is a good interviewer.

He didn't last long in the Dallas market. Then griped that they pulled his show on the Eagle. I found him boring... You can only listen to him spank a lesbian stripper, or pull mentally ill people off the street to play Jeopardy so many times.

Brett

I can tell you why 90% of the CB's out there sound bad. It's because most CB'ers are either uneducated, or ignorant. The average CB'er wants LOUD. Most don't care about audio quality, they simply want to be LOUD. Hence the pinched off, clipped, nasty nasally sounding stuff out there.

I can totally appreciate a good sounding station on AM or SSB. But 10k on either side? That's like trying to turn AM into FM! :LOL:

Here's the other side.... you cannot truly appreciate that kind of hi-fi audio until you get a radio that can receive it properly. The average CB radio does not have the proper filters to "accept" and process the transmit of widebanded hi-fi radios. The filters on a CB have narrow bandwidths for a reason. This is especially true in the newer radios. MMM sounds AMAZING on my Tram D201, but on my Madison he sounds nothing like he does on the Tram. Why? The older radios didn't employ the filtering that the new radios have now.

Moral of the story? A properly tuned/aligned radio with a couple small mods to to open up TX bandwidth and a good microphone will sound damn near as good as someone pounding out 20khz of bandwidth. Because unless everyone goes out and mods the RX in their radios to accommodate all that bandwidth, it's really not going to sound much different.

~Cheers~
I know this post is old, but i couldn't agree more.i have a galaxy 99v that was worked on by gold finger 45 in the Northwest corner to receive the full audio bandwidth and to hear it in it's entirety is just jaw dropping.mmm and a fella on the east coast sound like stereo.i remember that night some years back like yesterday, on my break waiting to pickup my load but napping with my radio on the bowl turned up just enough to hear it.mmm came thru and i sat straight up and just listened in amazement!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.