• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Radio Recommendations ?

henney

Oct 26, 2013
I'm looking for a recommendation on a new CB radio:

Here are the features I find most important:

1) Good receiver
2) Scan feature
3) SSB
4) Base station ideal, but mobile good too

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Alan/N3LGE

If the scan feature is a priority that will limit the options. That said a Magnum 257HP or Omega force HP fit all your needs.

CB Radio Requirements

CB requirements narrowed down the list guys. I was going to recommend the CRE-8900 but if he's sticking strictly to CB radios what are his choices? Personally in the CB category I'd opt for the Uniden 980.

If a scan feature is a must, there's only a few to choose.....pricy too. I dont recommend the 980, it's a basic 40ch SSB, low power, next to no mod's can be done for a $200 radio. Look into a new or used RCI 2950, used go for around $150, lots of features, mods and a duel final 40w-50w radio.

None of the new CB radios available today are impressive in the slightest.
Go with a RCI 2950 for SSB performance.

How about the RCI-2995DX base station ?

I know a couple of locals that have them and they give them a thumbs up. Myself....I hate high powered export radios with a passion.
Their radios do sound very good but best bang for the buck would be a 2950 and a power supply.

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.