• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CB Tricks site UPDATES/THREAD MERGERS

@Rogerbird1 Would you like a "Rogerbird" subsection in the CB Mods forum here to move your content to?
I appreciate that, I have had my original site on Tripod for years.
Tripod ads got worse and worse, Bennie offered to host my pages and I linked off of my main page to his space. After I lost FTP access, I could not update or add unless I did a local page link.
I still get many visits, and think the info is still useful.
I still have my local copies of the info, which is how my site is running (again) at this time.

How are you downloading it?
Where from?
I have most of the radio stuff, but I'm missing the amp stuff, and I'd like to grab it.
I'm using HTTrack website copier and the URL I am copying is
http://robco.nitwitz.org/cb_tricks/ I already have 9.5 GB with no signs of stopping.

EDIT: Over 10 GB and still going!

Last edited:
Reactions: 999
Can you send a copy when you have? Thanks!

It's over 13 GB . I have no idea how to upload that to you. You could just download the software and copy the site. There is an issue with an extreme amount of junk files and redirected pages, though. But, I don't know what I can safely dispose of.

When I grabbed the whole actual site (minus forum) in 2019 it was 13.3 gigs

The problem I noticed with what I just downloaded is I have a boatload of the new pages that are blank. I don't know what I can safely delete because in order to access the material I need to click on the index file, and that brings up the website. Then it can be navigated. BUT, I believe all the extra folders and files is what the index is accessing.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.