• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CBtricks web site is up

I looked at the wayback machine... What is currently on that URL is a mirror from the past, which is evident by the fact the wayback machine has more recent captures than what that URL currently has..

What that means.... someone other than Bennie is running it now. If it were, not only would it be up to date with the wayback machine, but I would also expect the IP to come back to Bennie (or at least NC, not UT). Its registered to an entirely different name in a different state and is showing old data. Someone scooped up the domain and took it over.

I looked at the wayback machine... What is currently on that URL is a mirror from the past, which is evident by the fact the wayback machine has more recent captures than what that URL currently has..

What that means.... someone other than Bennie is running it now. If it were, not only would it be up to date with the wayback machine, but I would also expect the IP to come back to Bennie (or at least NC, not UT). Its registered to an entirely different name in a different state and is showing old data. Someone scooped up the domain and took it over.
I just did a whois search and got this.

1651695050230.png

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
i just went to it, seems to be the same to me. all areas are working with info. didnt go thru it all obviously, just random places. all was good. the forum login came up fine as well. i dont have an account so i cant tell if that part is good to go. either way glad someone picked it up. i hope they take care of it and listen to the public on how to fund it and update it...

Strange, you can still get the CDs? The PayPal to Bennie still works..... Maybe it is Bennie?

Reactions: Eldorado828
Strange, you can still get the CDs? The PayPal to Bennie still works..... Maybe it is Bennie?

Whats a cd? lol, uuuh downloadable zip file please! no but seriously, they NEED to hook us all up with all that info in a downloadable file, for a fee of course. and every so often updates for a low cost. we all benefit, and the site gets paid to help keep it going, word gets spread throughout the cb world fast, tons of people will jump on it, guaranteed! its not a hard concept to grasp, i just dont understand.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
The last time that " donation" page was updated was 2012 .....
If you send money down that rabbit hole, good luck.
Many of us have reached out to Bennie for the past few years with no replys.
Bennie never required us to " pay for info" on the site, it was free.
He did ask for donations and sent out dvd's for those who did.

To me this just looks like somebody attempting to make money off of years of his work.

Jeff

The last time that " donation" page was updated was 2012 .....
If you send money down that rabbit hole, good luck.
Many of us have reached out to Bennie for the past few years with no replys.
Bennie never required us to " pay for info" on the site, it was free.
He did ask for donations and sent out dvd's for those who did.

To me this just looks like somebody attempting to make money off of years of his work.

Jeff
But he is still the registered owner of the domain.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.