• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cemeteries on the Air?

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
Everyone knows about SOTA and POTA. When I travel to small, out of the way locations, I like to stop by the local cemetary to learn something about the history of the area...it's fascinating to me what you can learn by reading some of the tombstones coupled with info available on the internet. Even if it's only for 15-20 minutes, I've stopped in country-side graveyards out in wine country, ghost towns, and even military installations. A few years ago, I went to Virginia City in Nevada and was blown away by the history of that cemetery. I'm going to Virginia City again in the near future and will probably stop by again. And I'll probably have a small Elecraft KX2 ham radio with me.

So I was thinking, do you think we could make Cemeteries on the Air a thing? Apart from the historical aspects, Halloween could be the ultimate event. Is this a strange idea?

Reactions: unit_399 and Greg T

Virginia City is a neat little town. Comstock lode was an important historical event for the US. It's been a while since my wife and I visited, but we really enjoyed it. Rooms were like $25 a week, and all the conveniences of home...community bathroom down the hall, adjustment of room temp depended on the opening of the window.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.