• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CHANNEL 16/SSB

Gotta turn it off can't take it anymore right now too much Spanish qrm on AM. Will try again In about an hour.

Same here 333! We will do it again soon! Hopefully the Spanish skip will die down as right now they are in command lol! God bless and 73's.

I'm getting a lot of bleed over from a group speaking French on USB 17 and plenty of other QRM as well. It is about as noisy a day as I've heard all year with my meter in the red from skip rolling in on 6, 11, 13, 17 and other channels. Locals running power are splattering over from 19 and 22.

Last edited:
here in n.w. corner of pa we have a local group all on 38lsb. which is fine but when
dx conditions roll in everyone still wants to talk. i wish we would just find another
channel . far as 16lsb sadly i wasnt yet on cb when that was big. BUT i think we could
make it OUR channel /mode for this fourm
. theres plenty of us out here from all
coners

Whatever happened to .475 as the forum call frequency?

I think it was more spur of the moment thing IMD262, we all got to talking about 16lsb and decided to try to take it back lol. NOT. There was sooo much Mexico skip coming in I was getting 5-7 s-units of noise. I was only able to make contact with 333 crappykraco, although I did hear 222 from Cali as well before being trampled on by the am bleed over lol. I would be more than happy to try 27.475 if that is what you are speaking of sir. I think we were trying to revive the old 16lsb but them darn Mexicans had it locked up! Anyway I am game for 27.475 what's a good time? I can try later today around 5pm est. On 27.475, if I don't hear anyone I will go down to 16lsb again and try again! Hopefully will talk soon to some more members. It was fun trying! God bless

Reactions: midnight special
SPANISH seems to be everywhere in the afternoons and evenings, it should die down by next month hopefully.
I will turn on chnl 16 all day on ssb maybe hear something.
On the dxchat should be a nice place to type what chnl people are on for that time.

TAKE BACK 16/LSB

DOCTOR/795

.475 assumes folks have above 27.405 capabilities. I don't. Every radio I run is 100% untouched, so all I've got are the standard 40 channels.

I heard more skip yesterday than I had heard in years. It was an anomaly. The Spanish coming in - and there was lots of it - had a distinctly Mexican accent. It is rare that so much Mexican traffic makes it to So. Fla. The guys in Tijuana eating barbecued iguana? I don't think that will be a regular occurrence. Right now, as I type, LSB 16 is pretty much open while there's a huge pile up on LSB38.

I say we stick it out and fight the good fight to reclaim what was once ours. Count me with those that want to "TAKE BACK 16/LSB."

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.