• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Charger 383 Dean

AudioShockwav

Extraterrestrial
Staff member
Apr 6, 2005
Nor Cal Sierra Nevada
I got a Phone call from Randy, CDX 492 today and was told that Dean, Charger 383 passed on today. A lot of the guys around here from the old days will remember that He was the one that Started The World Wide Radio Forum, and the CDX Club, before Tim took over the Forum.
Just wanted to post up and let those that might want to know what happened.

Jeff

Dean(Charger 383) was 49 years old. Yes, his health wasn't good and it finally caught up with him. He was a special guy in his own ways.

I’m Free

Don’t grieve for me, for now I’m free
I’m following the path God has laid you see.
I took His hand when I heard him call
I turned my back and left it all.

I could not stay another day
To laugh, to love, to work, to play.
Tasks left undone must stay that way
I found that peace at the close of day.

If my parting has left a void
Then fill it with remembered joy.
A friendship shared, a laugh, a kiss
Oh yes, these things I too will miss.

Be not burdened with times of sorrow
I wish you the sunshine of tomorrow.
My life’s been full, I savored much
Good friends, good times, a loved one’s touch.

Perhaps my time seemed all too brief
Don’t lengthen it now with undue grief.
Lift up your hearts and peace to thee
God wanted me now; He set me free

My friend you will be missed.....I love you!!!!!

WOW, Didn't see this coming. I was wondering what happened to Dean. I haven't talked to him for a couple of years. I will miss him.
He was always good for a laugh. My whole hearted condolences to all of his family. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
He will be greatly missed.
CDX1143
KE7KPB

Very unfortunate indeed!Sure have missed him and will forever
on now.I know there were some problems between he and some other forum members here,but I will always be thankful
to him for starting this wonderful forum for us to enjoy!
I always thought Dean to be a great operator and (radio)friend myself.
Yes,the good ol' castle! That brings back some memories for
sure! Farewell Deano;may you rest in peace now.
Slim CDX285 :(

I am saddened to hear of Dean's passing.
He is responsible for bringing together many nice people, when he started the WWRF.
Because of Dean, I have made many friends that I am sure I will know for years to come.

While I don't know anything about Dean's personal life, I always felt bad that some people had started a campaign of personal attacks on him. We are all capable of making mistakes in life, but few of us are capable of creating a place that brings people together, and forges friendships that last well into the future.
In life, everything changes, but I will always remember the early days of the WWRF. The friendship, fellowship and good nature of the forum was unique.

For the people I have met & talked to on the air, and those I have come to know personally, I will always credit Dean with creating the opportunity for that to happen.

Rest in peace, brother.

From the Joplin Globe:

Dean E. Arthur DUENWEG, Mo. — Dean Edward Arthur, 49, a retired website designer, passed away Sunday, April 29, 2007. No services are planned. Arrangements are under the direction of Parker Mortuary, Joplin.
Published: 2007-05-01

I regret that we never "buried the hatchet" but you really did help me alot in my early radio days. Thanks to you for all the friends I have made on the CDX forum.
RIP Dean.

Skeeter

(skeeterman logo designed by Dean Aurthur)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated