• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Check out this tower

I have had a few of Wade (DMP) towers while in Ontario. Last 1 was HD model (I think, it was free) which served to host a tri-bander 3 element yagi (50-ish feet), above that was 10' of heavy mast pipe and a 5/8 wave antenna tuned for 10 metres. Mounted at 44' was a standoff for a dipole, and at 36' was a standoff with a 1/4 2 metre antenna. High wind area, never a problem.
Unless their QC has dropped over the years, they were a great product.

I have had a few of Wade (DMP) towers while in Ontario. Last 1 was HD model (I think, it was free) which served to host a tri-bander 3 element yagi (50-ish feet), above that was 10' of heavy mast pipe and a 5/8 wave antenna tuned for 10 metres. Mounted at 44' was a standoff for a dipole, and at 36' was a standoff with a 1/4 2 metre antenna. High wind area, never a problem.
Unless their QC has dropped over the years, they were a great product.

Wade used to be the old Delhi towers. Don't believe that 3 sq.ft rating. Ihad a Delhi 40 foot tower and it was rated for 3 sq. ft. I had a Cushcraft A3 tribander on it with a six element 6m yagi four feet above it and an eleven element 2m yagi a couple feet above that plus a couple wires hanging off it. It was overloaded by almost a factor of THREE. The tribander was destroyed in a wind/ice storm but the tower was fine. In fact I only replaced it a few years ago when I bought the Titan.

3 sq ft wind load. A 5/8 wave Maco ground plane is 2.5. I have more faith in a properly guyed telescoping mast.

Wade/ DElhi grossly under-rated their towers. The beaded channel legs and heavy cross braces are REALLY quite strong. I had a 40 foot DMX series with nearly 10 sq.ft on it and never a problem. In fact the tribander was destroyed without harm to the tower.

Wade/ DElhi grossly under-rated their towers. The beaded channel legs and heavy cross braces are REALLY quite strong. I had a 40 foot DMX series with nearly 10 sq.ft on it and never a problem. In fact the tribander was destroyed without harm to the tower.

I agree, way underated. Read something about it not having an engineering stamp or something. $1299 for a 52 foot free standing tower with legs. mast and rotor plate catches my eyes.

Last edited:

Was it guyed? I noticed the tower was advertised as free standing but there are guying instructions down the page a bit.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.