• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Citizens participating in Homeland Security

C W Morse

Apr 3, 2005
Retired
Did you know that there just regular folks in the US that have direct links to the Homeland Security and FEMA radio links? They are located thru out the country--maybe in your own town. Naturally, details of this are not exactly broadcast all over the place for obvious reasons. Names of people, frequencies used--none of these things are publicized. And there are many ways for regular US citizens can become involved in this. One is thru the ARES (Amateur Radio Emergency Services), MARS (military affiliate), or becoming involved in Civil Air Patrol.

Several times a year, the FEMA radio system is tested to maintain proficiency and effectiveness, and these regular folks
check into this net--usually on HF. When checking into this net, you will hear MARS stations, Army, USAF, Navy, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, Federal Agencies, state and local EMS people, certain authorized hams, and designated stations of the CAP. Thess station may be your next door neighbors and you won't even know it For those that DO check in, it is a fun, challenging, and useful way to do one's part in protecting our loved ones and families.

CWM

f

Good Job, Well Done CW...
You need to go sign up with the Dept. of Homeland Insecurity.
Go to work for Mike Chertoff - Dual Isreali US citizenship, very strong ties with Mossad, FSB and ex East German Stazi. You are just the type they are looking to recruit. Or maybe you've already signed up???!!!
Oh, I'm sorry if this appears to be a personal attack, it wasn't meant to be.

God I LOVE Tyrants, LoneWolf TN

Phooey

Thanks for the sour grapes. Mr Lone Wolf, you don't know a @#%$ thing about "your" type. I can likewise generalize about you just as well. It IS a personal attack because you personalized it with your assumptions about people whose motivations you know freaking nothing about! You just belittled thousands of regular American citizens who volunteer their time and money to serve a lazy, self-serving public. Oh, it's OK to slander these people, but when there is an aircraft goes missing, its "YOU BEST GET OUT THERE and FIND MY RELATIVES" while *we* sit on our spoiled-brat keisters. You belittled your police, volunteer firemen, and local rescue squad that gets up in the middle of the night and goes to save your house, or answers the call when a relative or friend has a heart attack. It's OK to generalize these people, but when it is time for someone to answer the call, *YOUR "TYPE" better damn well come when called. YEAH, right, help magically appears when needed and then fades back into the woodwork.
There ARE no "batmen", or supermen or Mighty Mouse singing 'TA-TA-DA, HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY"!!!! Most of the "help" is provided by simple, ordinary people with a love of their country and a willingness to give something back for the freedoms they enjoy, and they do without asking for a damn thing, Mr. Lone Wolf. YOU, sir, are the type that finds a conspiracy around every corner. See there! IF you can generalize about me, someone you know nothing about, then *I* can generalize right back :evil: Instead of being a cynic about everybody else, you ought to be trying to find how you can help your OWN neighbors. Volunteer to pick up trash along the highway. Drive a van for the elderly and shut-ins, provide radio patrol assistance to a walk-a-thon. (OH! I forgot, those nasty old conspiracy-ridden hams do that!!) OR.....become involved with the vast radio network dedicated to protecting our freedoms from those that hate our very guts and want to destroy us. I just wanted people to know that there ARE such people that are only motivated by Patriotism.
Well, Ex-SCUUUUUUUUUUUUSE ME! Such dedication was there in 1776, and there's a battleground near here to prove that. It was called the Revolutionary War. Those Americans who fought
for what they believed didn't just "appear", either. They came when called and without them, there would BE no "Homeland Security": it would be up to Her Majesty's Service! So you are saying that my great-great-great-great grandparents were some sort of "government lackeys" because they came when called? Are those folks now fighting in Iraq, many who are Guard and Reserves worthy of your disparaging diatribe? THEY, too, answered the call.

Yeah, right! I know your type. SHURRRRR! There's a government conspiracy lurking EVERYWHERE! :x (spit)

CWM

I guess I'm a part of the conspiracy, too. I was doing homeland security long before anyone ever heard of the term. I've spent the last 40 years of my life being heavily involved in volunteer service to my community. I had to cut some of it back but I'm still doing much of it.

I became a volunteer fire/EMS/rescue responder at age 16. Yes, I got out of bed in the middle of the night to respond to calls and then had to go to school with little sleep. I trained to the standards of the day which were 54 hours of basic firefighting, 20-some housrs of Stamdard and Advanced American Red Cross first aid, and 60-some hours of basic Rescue training before I was allowed to get even get on the equipment. We're talking 1965, here. Because there were no other resources, all members of the vol. FD were registered into Civil Defense and were trained in what to do if the Bomb dropped. I was assgned to man a casualty station across the street from the local hospital.

Whn I became 21, I became a Red Cross first aid instructor and spent several hundred hours each year teaching. When CPR was develped at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, I became one of the first instructors the Heart Association trained in it. In 1971 when Maryland started EMT training, I was among the first group of instructors certified to teach EMT. I later became a paramedic.

This was all as a volunteer! I no longer respond to calls but I am still a member or the fire dept and do administrative work. I still teach. I'm now teaching volunteers who are in CERT - so that makes me part of the conspiracy.

What do YOU do, Mr. Lone Wolf? Do you do anything in public service? I doubt it. You'd rather spend your time being nasty than getting off of your prejudiced butt and contributing to the welfare of your community. You're not worth listening to.

I must say I agree with CW and bandaid kid on this one. Having been involved with law enforcement several years ago I must admit that it is usually the ones that bitch the most about the way government services operate that are the first to demand that they step in to help them when something goes wrong.Even got called to a B and E once and the complaintant was recognised as a suspect in several....you guessed it B&E's himself.We took his statment and then read him his rights.

NOTE: I am NOT implying lone wolf is doing anything illegal.I only used the above case as an example.

And

And all I wanted to do was point out that there are lots of people out there doing thankless jobs like Bandaid Kid and others who volunteer their time and talents. I only wanted to mention that that aspect, providing communications, is being done, too. Those folks never want or ask for recognition, either.

I'm sorry I brought it it up at all :oops: .

CWM

I'm sorry I brought it it up at all .

No need to be sorry.What I am sorry for are the people that see a conspiracy around every corner.How do they sleep at night worrying that the bad old cops are going to break their door in at any time in the name of national security :?:

I think you are right!

I think you are exactly right. I just never thought that post would elicit such a negative reaction. Didn't even occured to me.

Oh well, ya never know......... thanks for the kind words! ;) I've been trying to avoid offending folks these days. LOL! It just didn't work this time. :?

CWM

f

It's AOK, nothing that is happening will sway the way the majority of my fellow citizens will think anyway. I will say this, I would fight to the death defending our right to freedom of speech, thought, the right to peacefully protest etc...
The fact still remains that good ol' "W" appointed a hardline "Bolshevik" as head of the Dept of Homeland Security and Chertoff has appointed an ex head of East German "Intelligence" and an ex high ranking official with Mossad to help him run the Dept. Scares the hell outta me, but I know, I'm just a conspiracy kinda guy. Oh ya, "W" doesn't appoint anyone, he just takes orders and does what he's told like a good widdle puppet. :LOL:

God I LOVE Tyrants, LoneWolf TN

to start..

i will say WOW....
i might agree not all done from those helping is the best way of doing things...
however it is far from the worst..

frankly i am surprised such a simple subject blew up as it did..
Volenteers are always needed..

LoneWolf if you think something is wrong..
Maybe changing it from within would be good..
Don't knock others for giving their time and effort..

Later

in the uk a ham can be part of Raynet. it is designed to be a emergency network for use when there is major incidents or attack. the main use is for com on events that cover a wide area. but the uses of your homeland net could during a attack (god forbid) as a coms network if other coms systems fail could be life saving.

during the cold war the uk goverment said hams would be used to make a coms net if there was a nuclear attack.

i think it is a good idea to have a system in place for just for any event.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.