• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax Comparison

Don't bother wasting your money. For the lengths of coax involved you will notice no difference whatsoever in signal strength but you will find it much harder to route the coax in a vehicle install due to its stiffness and much larger minimum bend radius. Just get some good quality RG58.

It was a nightmare trying to fish that 400 ultraflex through the hollow body panels of my vehicle. I think the lmr-240 ultraflex is probably the ideal choice for most people.
It's awesome stuff.

Thanks, Rebbe

Looks hard to beat for CB mobile. As in product info, “same size as RG8X, but with better specifications”.

Guess I need to start at Mouser to get Amphenol connectors and pay for a crimping tool.

I wind up up with either too much or too little coax length in these Class 8 installs otherwise using “normal” retail coax offerings.

I’ve found a “no drill” routing for the OEM truck antenna, but it calls for easy-access yet lengthy interior routing.

Time to make it “disappear”. Can run it near overhead to be out of the way of any accidents.

That stuff looks great, but seems hard to find here in the states. It seems to be really popular over in Europe. I like the copper foil much better than aluminum foil.

Davis RF
N Haverhill, NH 03774
603-787-2200

Find their web site. They have price sheet. I ordered 125 ft of Buryflex for $.89 a foot and PL-259's for $4.25 ea. $13.45 shipping. Total 167.20.

I called, spoke to nice lady who got the order to me in 4 days in a USPS fits and ships box.

Like Handy Andy says ......"Do your research first, then decide". The specs were much better than LMR and the price was good. The exterior is tough and it is very flexible, can turn 90 deg. in 2 inches easily. Did go to ACE and get some rubber grommets that fit snug around jacket for the penetration hole in cab of truck.

I was mistaken about the copper foil in Buryflex. This is what I had in mind.
ecoflex15_aa.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.