• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

coax length

"there were no big noticeable differences"

the image plane current is still present on the mast and the outer shield of the feedline, doesn't belong there. it needs to be forced back up into the radial system before you will begin to notice any real improvement in performance.

I have a choke just under the feed point at the base of the antenna. The GPK is mounted as required. I have good swr 1:2:1 / !:3:1.

What need I do more to properly force the current back up into the radial system?

My question is not a challenge. I'd really like to know if there is someting I'm missing...

thats what i keep reading about the 2k's and 99's when you add ground radials .

My mount is not conductive. While the mast proper is metal, it is not touching the earth, nor is there any earth grounds to it. It is mounted to the eave of my roof with clamps.

Another idea?

Got the antenna and mast separated with a non-conductive pole between them. My swr is slightly improved at the same ring adjustment on the A99.

Some Mexican skip is just beginning to add noise so I'll check for local and DX improvements as conditions allow.

Reactions: freecell

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.