• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coax switch?

Found another neat gizmo. It automatically mutes the SDR line when you key up.
https://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-1708SDR

MFJ-1708SDR_2_THUMB.jpg

Yes the unused terminals shunt to grnd but some RF can still bridge over, especially
if you are running an amplifier.
It happened to a friend of mine.

I'm pretty sure the specs are on their website or on the packaging they come in.
I don't think it is advisable to switch a transceiver in behind an amp. If your amp can't be passed through, use 2 switches to bypass the amp

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
not that hard google it.im done giving free information. no disrespect to anyone. just tired of helping people without even a thank you.hope no one is offended.

Reactions: undertaker
not that hard google it.im done giving free information. no disrespect to anyone. just tired of helping people without even a thank you.hope no one is offended.

I am not offended. I’m the worlds worst for not thanking someone verbally but that doesn’t mean that I don’t appreciate someone or their help/advice. I hope I’ve not made you feel that but if I have, I do apologize.

Reactions: Grizz420
Had to do a little digging, but I understand now. I am curious as to what type of switch you used when you made them, but I'm not going to twist your arm.

Just stumbled across the MFJ rhino switch. Gold plated contacts and claiming 70 dB isolation on the 2 or 3 position, and 60 dB on the 4 position. Now that I look closer at the specs, the 2 position doesn't ground unused ports.
MFJ-2703.jpg

Reactions: TheRealPorkchop

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.