• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 148 Mic Wiring

Wire Weasel

Senior Moment
Dec 13, 2008
Have a 5 pin 148 GTL that came with no mic. I have the wiring for a Turner +3 and am going to put that on for test.

At CBTricks it gives this for stock mic:

1) Audio
2) Shield
3) RX
4) Sw Com
5) TX

Under the "4 - Sw Com" What the heck does that mean?

And if I have a plain jane 4 wire stock mic around...how would that wire up as regards Pin 4 ?

Thanks for any help!
interview.gif

Have a 5 pin 148 GTL that came with no mic. I have the wiring for a Turner +3 and am going to put that on for test.

1) Audio
2) Shield
3) RX
4) Sw Com
5) TX

And if I have a plain jane 4 wire stock mic around...how would that wire up as regards Pin 4 ?
I have the

Thanks for any help!
interview.gif

I have the very same problem anyone put us out of our misery?:blink:

Hi guy,

See the other thread I started about this. It's right below this one. Sick Puppy gave some help. You can ask him more questions if you need.

1) Audio
2) Shield
3) RX
4) Sw Com
5) TX

Thanks for any help!
interview.gif

Sw Com means switch common and that usually means the black wire. It is common to the turning off the receive and turning on the transmit as you key up the mic. It can also double for the shield that is connected to pin two.
So for your "plain Jane" four wire you do not have to use pin two. On some mics the shield is not common with the black or ground. ;)

73 mechanic

Reactions: Smokinone

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.