• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 18 WX ST II (don’t laugh)

I’ve thought it a Uniden 78 with another name.

I’ve only given away Cobras received in trade, never bought one, but I kept the Unidens.

My first was a Philippines Uniden PC-76 I had Clays Radio Shop hotrod for me 22-years ago (dual final conversion plus a full alignment). Never nothing but compliments.

Get a chromed case for that RK. Not as corny as it sounds.
Really works with that faceplate. Folks do a double-take thinking it’s something they’ve never seen. Ck Bobs CB, Raneys Truck Parts, Iowa 80, and Empire Chrome Shop for that item plus Chrome Mount bracket and the screws.

Then a case for mike. SS weave for cord. Wilson makes a Chrome case speaker (add WM or BHI DSP unit separately). EASTWOOD makes Chrome aerosol paint worth purchasing to hit the KL-203.

Even if you “don’t like” Chrome, it’ll make a helluva centerpiece on the bench.

You’re talking to a guy who once spray painted the grill on his ‘63 Bel Air black and punched a hole in the muffler to save the cost of chrome and glass pacs. :D

Reactions: Slowmover
You’re talking to a guy who once spray painted the grill on his ‘63 Bel Air black and punched a hole in the muffler to save the cost of chrome and glass pacs. :D
Bet ya mounted a spark plug in the hole and ran the carb rich too?

Will share an honest review once I receive it. Just checked tracking. Delivery is scheduled for Tuesday. Monday’s a holiday. :(

You wanted it to be a talker.

All devices together (radio, amp, mike) on the bench. The very best mobile units I’ve ever heard (audio quality) were born this way. Anyone asks me and I say to start with a 959 Galaxy.

My visit to Kilgore’s told me that while he’s not terribly interested in the digital surface-mount stuff, he’s got an interest as a semi-retired guy in making a customer happy. There’s been nothing new in that shop since about 1979.

The vibe was totally different than the motorhome-behind-the-tire-shop “CB tech”.

See the thread we talked about Larry’s CB in McKinney (another possibility). But Larry’s is dangerous. You never saw so much candy in one place.

The radio case alone would do it for looks.

And if you don’t like the mike I’ll donate an SRA-198. Bought a bagful of them for under $20 each some years back. I’d be proud you had one from me. Might even make contact one day (came out of Halliburton country yesterday on US-81 to US-287 to Rhome. Filled up, showered up and headed home to meet son for dinner).

See that microphone and review at Bells.

The radio case alone would do it for looks.

And if you don’t like the mike I’ll donate an SRA-198. Bought a bagful of them for under $20 each some years back. I’d be proud you had one from me. Might even make contact one day (came out of Halliburton country yesterday on US-81 to US-287 to Rhome. Filled up, showered up and headed home to meet son for dinner).

Thank you. I have high hopes for the RK56 mic. It actually has gotten some very good reviews. Have listened to mic comparisons on youtube and can tell little difference between the 56, 198 and 636.

Reactions: Slowmover
That’s my experience also.

Except where mike has been matched to radio. Robert at Clays nailed an Astatic 636 to my Galaxy 99v2. The preferred RK56 was out of stock. I’ve had no reason to change that even with sound checks. (Assume voice qualities also favored). Given that I dislike the mic shape, it’s real.

The offer remains open.

Reactions: Riverman
Clays swears by them. Always has. The downturn in quality was arrested (CB shop wholesaler version that is boxed versus truckstop blister pack) even if it’s not the Turner or Telex product of old.

I’ve enjoyed having versions of most everything. Just haven’t done “better” testing of audio quality.

Reactions: Riverman

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated