• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 200

Mine is waiting to go back for the second time for loss of xmit. It goes intermittent for a period of time and then just goes blank. It will key but no xmit audio. I also have a huge problem with noise from my tv. I have a panasonic plasma and the radio is extreamly noisy when the tv is on. First time it went to Tenn. This time Cobra is picking up the shipping and it is going to them. Its there problem and we should not have to pay for the shipping IMO.

Missing frequencies

Just had a friend buy one, and he states it is not transmitting on channels randomly through out the bands. He made up a chart and it is something like 40 or 50 channels that do nothing - No TX no RX.

And another one that was sent in for losing TX in Hi power, now does not work in HI but is putting out 100w in low...

Getting ready to sent taht one back again...

Roger

Chances are the resistor for the chanel mod was not put back in place for those chanels they refer to as government chanels. When doing the mod you must take the resistor and move it one space. When I got mine it I had a friend do the chanel mod but he did not know he needed to move the resistor so it got sucked up in his solder sucker. he ended up replacing it with a regular resistor of the same value and all those random chanels I was not able to tx on worked. You have to be realy good at soldering to do it though the space is so small one wrong move and your screwed!

Interesting thread. So far my Cobra 200 seems to be working just fine. I will have to keep testing it as much as possible now before the warrantee is up.

Cheech said:
Well after months of great service mine has finally failed :shock: Now I know what it is to becouse a local had the same problem but earlier. the radio acts fine one day you turn it on and there is RX I key the mic and nothing. Now Im not saying dont buy one becouse its a great radio but the stock drivers dont seem to hold up. :? So off TN it goes. Just wondering if anyone else besides me and my friend have had this problem?
Hey BigT look out for this ^ ^

I'm always amased when 10 unrelated people say that a product is not performing well, that there is another guy who will still order one to "find out for himself". Its good you got money to burn!

The WORLD is my Beta Tester!
Bill Gates, Microsoft CEO

re cobra200

NorthStar said:
After Sparkys cranks couple things inside it will be Blowing some Smoke for sure!

He was a really nice guy todo business with. Ive heard nothing but good things about his work. He told me that the cobra200 was a great radio.

Sorry this is not meant to piss you off Ashtonford but........people will tell you anything to sell a product. Out of the great many posts i have seen about this radio i have yet to see anyone praising a 200. Sure there have been a very few that have said that they love there's but by far most have had nothing good to say about them at all!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.