• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 gtl echo board install help !!!

basstracker1970

Nov 6, 2012
Wanting to install trbx3 echo board in my cobra 2000 gtl and have a couple questions. I know pins 2 and 4 are ground so can I use either or both for grounding for the echo board? The instructions shows pins 2 and 4 as ground pins. Also where is the beter place for the 13.8v switched power. Thank you for any help.....

Blasphemy

Please don't hack up a nice classic radio with a 10-4 good buddy echo. Buy an echo max mic if you really feel the need for it.
Installing an echo in a Cobra 2000 would be like putting 24" wheels and curb feelers on a nice numbers matching 65 409 Chevy Impala.....or removing the rear wing from a 1970 Plymouth Superbird.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with Psycho , roger beep .... maybe but never an echo anything on my 2000 too many other mod you can do .

Sent from my NB09 using Tapatalk

Wanting to install trbx3 echo board in my cobra 2000 gtl and have a couple questions. I know pins 2 and 4 are ground so can I use either or both for grounding for the echo board? The instructions shows pins 2 and 4 as ground pins. Also where is the beter place for the 13.8v switched power. Thank you for any help.....

222DBFL has the best option. I am running a 2018 Extreme mic with my Uniden Madison right now and it works great. I talk 90% SSB so the echo is turned almost all the way off. Just a slight stadium effect.

Same here, I run mine on a uniden pc122xl, works great, ssb is where I am mostly and it works well with the left side gain at 6 and the right side at 0. Get good reports with it.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.