• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

COBRA 2000 GTL

Congrats on the purchase , I know there were quite a few on here interested ! Glad it found it's new home to a forum member it would have been a shame seeing that beautiful piece going elsewhere ! Can't wait to here more about it !(y):)

Reactions: TheRATT
David,
What's the two base stations on the bottom shelf?

Riverman71,
There is a Regency Range Gain on the left and a Realistic Navaho Pro Niner on the right. On top of the Pro Niner is an RCI 2950 (parts donor)and on top of it is the "Made in the Malaysia" 148/TR-296(otherwise known as the TURD). There is also a Motorola 440Mhz (future project) to the left of the Range Gain.
-Range Gain-
awaiting restoration (was planning to install the board from the 148/TR-296 in the case (kind of like a '55 Chevy with a Corvette drivetrain type of thing)but the board of the 148 is about the same size as the Range Gain chassis leaving no room for the AC to DC supply)
-Navaho Pro Niner-
Electrically restored and 100% functional (may be a new home for a 148 board!)
-The TURD-
Partially restored electrically. Have an issue with getting the final Bias set. It measures nothing but transmits at full power??? VR-8 makes no difference??? Tied the clarifier over to TX but not happy with the total slide. It has more slide on the positive direction than the negative direction. Trying to get that evened out to no more than 1 channel in both directions (as time allows).
-Ranger 2950-
Had it since new. It is the "Orange" display/non DX model. Crapped out about 2 years ago. (I waited too long to re-cap it and it suffered a couple of fried chips in it) It has donated many parts to keep others alive! (and delivers faster than UPS!;))

There are others but this enough to deal with considering the spare time I have.

73's
David

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.