• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 2000 No voltage at Test points 7 and 8

I'd start to feel around, by and starting at the Pre-driver down to Driver and Final, feel the FOIL side of the board, for heat, a hot spot means there may be something JUST AFTER (down stream - next component or stage) that is causing the stage ahead of it, to kick into overdrive, this usually indicates a failed component or parts in the area at least need to be looked into.

I am staying out of this one and may have missed this but are you running the internal power supply? I would also try this using the external power supply and see what happens. Back to you Andy

I am staying out of this one and may have missed this but are you running the internal power supply? I would also try this using the external power supply and see what happens. Back to you Andy
No I run it off an external supply.

I'd start to feel around, by and starting at the Pre-driver down to Driver and Final, feel the FOIL side of the board, for heat, a hot spot means there may be something JUST AFTER (down stream - next component or stage) that is causing the stage ahead of it, to kick into overdrive, this usually indicates a failed component or parts in the area at least need to be looked into.
L44 gets very warm or hot. If I move it at all it will cool down again. Couldn’t find that anywhere else.

Soooo once again there is no bias at the driver or final. Voltages all check out fine so i assume there must be a bad part up to or prior to the driver?

I replaced c157 , 200 ,214, and r209. The driver also checks out fine. And I believe D50 is ok too. What else could be fault? The only thing is maybe there’s still an issue between L44 and the driver—probably around L44 most likely? Is there a way to safely check current flow in that area or how else can I be sure that isn’t the problem area since voltages do check out fine there?

So my conclusion is that L44 is bad. It’s pretty beat up has a lot of that old glue on it and seems to be a source of problems. If that’s the case I’m screwed because I don’t have another one unless someone knows what could be used as a substitute I could buy? It seems like such a cruddy part design. So fragile.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.