• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra 29 dale jr blow's fuse's

anixon92

Nov 10, 2007
got a cobra 29 dale jr radio today from fellow driver . he said radio just quit working. i know he got it about 7 months ago and it was working fine. i heard radio and used it. he was going to thrown it out today because not working so i took it. i try it in truck and on home power supply and it blows fuses as soon as you turn it on.
is there anything i could check to see what maybe the cause or send it to a shop.

IF SEND TO A SHOP IS THERE ANYBODY ON HERE THAT WOULD LIKE TO LOOK AT AND FIX THE PROBLEM. LET ME KNOW.
im try of getting rip at the diff. truck stop shacks....
thanks
allen auctioneeral1@comcast.net

anixon92 said:
has soon as you connect the power cord to radio pops fuse. and its not being connect backwards.

Sounds like it was already hooked up backwards. You will need to replace the polarity protection diode.
It is by the power jack.
Forget the part number.
It is probably burnt up bad and cracked after you powered it up a few times :)

You could always do the no fuse with the radio top cover off.
Smoke will come pouring off the board LOL.
NOT RECOMENDED

Libby is right , or it would be a pretty good guess as well by me. Should be D-23 , you can take the speaker side cover off the radio off and look down from where the power plug is ,should just be slightly to the left of the plug straight down from the plug on the board. Now it may or may not look fried up , sometimes they look good even know there not :( You could clip it out of there or desolder it out and the radio should work as normal , keeping in mind ,if it should get hooked up backwards again , theres a very good chance the radio will be seriously damaged , best to replace it with a new one , but like I said , the radio will work fine without it ,as long as it doesn't get hooked up backwards again. You could more then likely pick up one from RS if need be. It really doesn't sound like a serious problem here A-92 , and if it is truely worth a few more bucks to you ? You could take it to a reputable radio man as you mentioned. Make sure the fuse in the power cord is at least a 2 amper as well. Good luck to you.
im002558uu8.jpg

Switch Kit said:
Libby is right , or it would be a pretty good guess as well by me. Should be D-23 , you can take the speaker side cover off the radio off and look down from where the power plug is ,should just be slightly to the left of the plug straight down from the plug on the board. Now it may or may not look fried up , sometimes they look good even know there not :( You could clip it out of there or desolder it out and the radio should work as normal , keeping in mind ,if it should get hooked up backwards again , theres a very good chance the radio will be seriously damaged , best to replace it with a new one , but like I said , the radio will work fine without it ,as long as it doesn't get hooked up backwards again. You could more then likely pick up one from RS if need be. It really doesn't sound like a serious problem here A-92 , and if it is truely worth a few more bucks to you ? You could take it to a reputable radio man as you mentioned. Make sure the fuse in the power cord is at least a 2 amper as well. Good luck to you.
im002558uu8.jpg

How old is that radio?
Uniden stamps on it /me like :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.