• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cobra 29 GTl

cdurost

Mar 5, 2007
Upstate New York
I was cleaning the attic out today and i came across a old 29 gtl. Anybody know anything about this radio and where u can get parts? I hooked it up works great but the crome on the out side of the by the cover is pealing would like to replace. I talked on it for most of the day and got great reports with it. This must have been here from the old owners of the house. The olds radio i owned was my first base back in the early 90's uniden 710E Pro. The face has some worn letters by the squelch and volume would like to replace with a flag face. and the meter doesn't work but she is a talker load audio and a fwd swing. :) :) :)

The 29GTL was the radio that started the whole Cobra 29 mystique. The current 29's are still almost identical copies of the GTL, with a few feature changes and a couple very minor circuit changes. Exceptionally good radios, and I still have customers who will buy nothing else.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.