• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

cobra148

Captrmj

Dec 31, 2021
does any 1 have an image or diagram for the 148gtldx built in swr meter light, i opened my radio and the wire came off the board and i cant find where it came off from. loosing the plot trying to find the location

Hard to believe, that wire comes off by itself :)
Make up another story.
its not been used for 30 plus years and been in the loft, all i did was open the case to check inside and the wire was floating. guess as its a 40yr old radio i should have been more delicate

Welcome! Is that the export radio? I have a 148GTL with the side mic that I can pop the cover off to take a look.
yep the mike is on the side. its a 148 gtldx about 1979 i think, looks like its the wire to the light thats off but if you can confirm where all 4 wires go i can check. its not been used for 40 years and cant remember if it had issues before it was stored, but it did fire up and work, not bad for its age

Reactions: Holydvr
yep the mike is on the side. its a 148 gtldx about 1979 i think, looks like its the wire to the light thats off but if you can confirm where all 4 wires go i can check. its not been used for 40 years and cant remember if it had issues before it was stored, but it did fire up and work, not bad for its age
Ok I think the GTLDX is a different radio than what I have.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.