• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coil former for V quad

i guess we've just found another area where that magic 6.5" has failed to impress, we might have to start calling your ladyfriend, miss unimpressed at .64 :LOL::LOL:

sad.gif

OK, well thank you for asking about the gamma. I hadn't previously noticed that it isn't there with the antenna.

I wonder how much they're going to hit me for one...?? Maybe I'll just ¼ wave coax transformer feed it.

Norm, I apologize but I can't help you with this one! :glare:

OK, well thank you for asking about the gamma. I hadn't previously noticed that it isn't there with the antenna.

I wonder how much they're going to hit me for one...?? Maybe I'll just ¼ wave coax transformer feed it.

Norm, I apologize but I can't help you with this one! :glare:

No problems Scot, I'll play around with a match similar to a Yagi and see how I go. By the way my previous comment was meant for Jazzsinger. Cheers Norm(y)

Finally finished the V Quad SWR 1.2 - 1 across the band. Now to see about the skip. Thanks everyone for their help. At the moment it sits 20 ft off the ground and looks very pretty.
Cheers Norm

You bastage!

...now you've thrown down the gauntlet, I'm gonna have to get mine up on the mast and point it at you! :D

You bastage!

...now you've thrown down the gauntlet, I'm gonna have to get mine up on the mast and point it at you! :D

I thought that might get you going. It's a beautiful looking thing silhouetted against the skyline.Also tested this afternoon with contacts in central Queensland Aus. Can't wait for yours to be pointed this way.

Cheers Norm (y)(y)(y)

I have no idea . I am but a simple person with only my trusty SWR meter

Norm:redface::redface::redface:

Sshhh. Don't tell anybody . . .

Just tell us the difference in the signals to a known station as you turn it sideways and the back of the beam to them. That'll do.

Last edited:
Okay, had a play and it barely just picks up local traffic on the sides compared to my 5/8 vertical and only strong stations forward. As for rear I cannot seem to pick up any stations.

regards Norm:unsure::unsure:

Okay, had a play and it barely just picks up local traffic on the sides compared to my 5/8 vertical and only strong stations forward. As for rear I cannot seem to pick up any stations.

regards Norm:unsure::unsure:

OK, but you get a better idea of the real performance when you test it against stations who are also horizontally polarized, unless... Uhm, did you install it with the wire in the diagonal so you get both polarities or is the wire horizontal?

If horizontal, you will get a truer idea of performance when checking other horizontal stations.

OK, but you get a better idea of the real performance when you test it against stations who are also horizontally polarized, unless... Uhm, did you install it with the wire in the diagonal so you get both polarities or is the wire horizontal?

If horizontal, you will get a truer idea of performance when checking other horizontal stations.

The only problem downunder is that there are not many horizontally polarized operators.Around my area 4-5 within 10km radius. Very few and far between. The antenna is installed with the wire horizontal. The action here in my state is very limited with seemingly only a couple of hundred operators (mainly amateurs) on 27 Mhz. The majority are on 477 MHz Cb band.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.