• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Cold!!

Yep,no bugs. It's a balmy 27 degrees here and they're calling for a low of 15. Could somebody tack back up that barb wire fence along the Canadian border? :D

Last edited:
We need a long hard freeze, the last couple of summers have been terrible with ticks.

We need a long hard freeze, the last couple of summers have been terrible with ticks.

They were bad here too. A friend of mine who sold his pest control business told me that they love water. Keep the grass low and spread lime on it. They hate it with a passion.

They were bad here too. A friend of mine who sold his pest control business told me that they love water. Keep the grass low and spread lime on it. They hate it with a passion.

I spend a lot of time in the spring horseback riding, bush hogging, working on fence etc and it's nothing to find 10-20 ticks at a time. Just been terrible the last couple of springs here.

-9°F
and wind chill of -30
Winds are gusting just passed 25 mph.
Also have 16 inches of snow on the ground to deal with here in Genesee county Michigan.

-9 with -27 wind chill here in central IL. 12 in on the ground with some pretty good drifts out here in the flat open farm country. Good thing the 4x4 started this morning! Had a thigh high drift to bust through to get to work.

It hit 55F here today. Still sitting at 52F at midnight. Pffftt..........and you guys call us the "Cold Country". :love:

Not often I get to rub it in so forgive me. :D

It goes back down later tomorrow however but not bone numbingly cold like it has been. Only down to about 25F however.

We don't have much of a problem around here with ticks...What we have a problem with is these pesty Mosquito's with West Nile virus...Can't even walk out to the trash can after dark without having Deep Wood's OFF dripping off ya or they will eat you up!

Reactions: 1 person

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.