• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Colt Midnite special

wavrider

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jun 2, 2009
Looking for any information on this old tuber.

Got one on the bench, can not find any schematics or alignment procedures.

The power plug is all messed up so will need info on the rig.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Looks like it's from the Robyn T-240D/Teaberry/Gemtronix family. Not sure which Sam's it is in, but it should be listed.

RT307

I looked at the t=240 d schematic. I believe ti is the same rig.

Someone tried to re wire the power plug for the rig and wired the 120vac into the 12 vdc pins.

Needless to say the rig is a parts rig now.

sucks as I am enjoying bringing the old cb tubers back to life.

Feeding 120 AC into the 12 volt DC terminals will destroy the DC switching transistors on the back of the radio but I doubt it would take out the power transformer before the 15 amp circuit breaker would pop. It may not be as far gone as you think. It may still work on AC when wired right.

My thoughts also. I wired it up according to schizo, the channel indicator lit up. Was able to rotate from ch1 to ch40 but no tube filament were lit. So just turned the variac off and put the covers back on it, sit it to the side.

That one will be a project for this winter when the days are shorter. Summer time in Florida, the bike and the beach takes precedence.

I did pull the tubes and checked them on the tube tester, no filament lit there either so it will be interesting to see what I find when I get around to it.

Feeding 120 AC into the 12 volt DC terminals will destroy the DC switching transistors on the back of the radio but I doubt it would take out the power transformer before the 15 amp circuit breaker would pop. It may not be as far gone as you think. It may still work on AC when wired right.

DC connection GND is pin 1. Pin 2 is 13,8V DC, pins 5, 6, 7 are jumpered. For AC connection is pin 2 & 3 120V AC, and pins 4 & 5 are jumpered. Just like a Gemtronix-GTX-5000

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.