• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 3300Hp No RX Audio, talkback or PA

Chris Lawrence

Jul 9, 2021
Radio had very low rx audio and talkback. Now it’s completely gone. Tested the Pa and it has no audio either.

Tx is good. Rx is good, according to meter.

Please let me know if there is anything other info I can provide to help. Ranger 3600-15C board. Audio chip is the 5 pin 2003. Voltages are good on all legs. [6.5/.9/13.8/0/1.5]

Thank you

Can mean several things.

Low RX Volume yet say RX is good - how did you check this?

I would look into checking and if possible - reseating connectors in and around the front panel to main board.

Low volume usually indicated a weak connection - not always but it may be a good idea to start reheating soldering joints at those headers and follow each trace back and reheat any cold/cloudy soldering joint and re-test the radio as you complete a section, of say 5, soler pads reheated.

This helps us - so you can develop a path of repair to say, ok, this section was doing this - now this happens - so we can then follow along and help you.

I feel kind of dumb about this, but not entirely.

Both the internal and external speakers were connected when I was replacing the am regulator, driver, and finals. At some point, I think I shorted power to one of the speaker wires. It turns out, I took out my external speaker as well as the internal speaker. The odds that I had two speakers that were bad didn’t cross my mind.

Apparently, the radio was fine; the speakers were not. Had me scratching my head.

Had the same thing happen to me 10 or so years ago on a guitar amplifier.
Gave up and gave the amp to a friend, he replaced the speakers in it and still uses it today.

Doo-doo do happen!!

David

Reactions: TM86

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?