• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Connex 4300 300 issues

Barcode

Feb 17, 2016
I have a 4300 300 and it works great for about 15 to 30 mins after that every time I key up it has a static sound in the background almost like a wind noise you can still hear me on it but it sounds bad

You've got another thread in here where others are trying to help you.

Reactions: 144inBama
I have a 4300 300 and it works great for about 15 to 30 mins after that every time I key up it has a static sound in the background almost like a wind noise you can still hear me on it but it sounds bad
I just bought a 4300-300 . When I plugged it in and started talking on low, (50) watts it was okay. As I turned the power up it started to oscilat and squeal. I was going to call the guy I bought it from but I check the mic and screwed on tight. The noise went away. I have it set keying about 90 and swinging to 250. Is that about correct for the 4300-300? Maybe this weekend I can put it in the truck

I just bought a 4300-300 . When I plugged it in and started talking on low, (50) watts it was okay. As I turned the power up it started to oscilat and squeal. I was going to call the guy I bought it from but I check the mic and screwed on tight. The noise went away. I have it set keying about 90 and swinging to 250. Is that about correct for the 4300-300? Maybe this weekend I can put it in the truck
First of all, welcome to the forum!

I don't believe that was oscillating but instead just a bad mic connection. 250 on what power supply and voltage, meter into a dummy load?
Going mobile do yourself a favor and and run good heavy wire, quality coax and best antenna system you can do or it won't last long.

Reactions: 144inBama
I tried unit on the bench with an original road king trucker noise canceling mic. Plugged into 10 amp solid state power supply. Plugged into dumyload

Yes. 4 Gage wire with 30 amp protection fuse. Anderson connectors. 15,000 Browning br92 antenna grounded . Supper mini 8 . The plan is to install into my truck this weekend.

Be VERY sure the antenna's SWR is low first. That radio won't tolerate much SWR. I also suggest wiggling the coax back and forth behind each connector while watching the reflected side of the SWR meter. Things come loose on a motor vehicle, and you want to stay ahead of this kind of fault. Much cheaper than having a high-power radio find it for you by blowing up when you key the mike.

Be VERY sure the antenna's SWR is low first. That radio won't tolerate much SWR. I also suggest wiggling the coax back and forth behind each connector while watching the reflected side of the SWR meter. Things come loose on a motor vehicle, and you want to stay ahead of this kind of fault. Much cheaper than having a high-power radio find it for you by blowing up when you key the mike.

Yes sir will do. I just finished install. New browning antenna and super mini 8. I ran 4 gage fused power cables with Anderson connectors. Grounded the system. I just powered the unit on and checked swr = 1.5 receive sounds nice and clean. Don't know anyone close to here, but I will try talking skip eventually. Thanks for the advice

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.