• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

connex 4300-300

tc30thz

Feb 6, 2007
Pennsylvania
I just bought the new 4300-300, and I do not like the echo, not impressed at all. No matter were you have it set it sounds like a banjo in the backround. Anybody else running this radio? Just wondering if I have a problem, or if that is how they are. If that is the way they are I'am going to get the echo from a 4300hp and have it installed. My 4300, and my 4600 sound awesome, but not this one:(

Welcome TC30thz I am new to this site also. I had the older 4300 and the echo sounded great. Not sure about the newer version? Maybe could try using another microphone, maybe no difference just trying to help out.

A few locals around here have this new radio. As I understand it they do not have the same echo board as the other models (made by Ranger). The locals here had their echo boards changed to the Ranger boards and they do sound better in my opinion.

tc30thz said:
I just bought the new 4300-300, and I do not like the echo, not impressed at all. No matter were you have it set it sounds like a banjo in the backround. Anybody else running this radio? Just wondering if I have a problem, or if that is how they are. If that is the way they are I'am going to get the echo from a 4300hp and have it installed. My 4300, and my 4600 sound awesome, but not this one:(

I had this same problem with my 4600 turbo. I just changed the echo board. problem solved. :D

I finally got time to take a closer listen to the 4300-300 echo, and I see what TC was talking about. The control for amount of echo was not used in this radio. Instead, they opted for an echo volume. In other words, the echo runs out the same amount no matter what, you just change the volume of the echoes. Its just like the Astatic echo boards, same problem. If I get a chance, I'll see if I can come up with a fix for that....

Here is the fix that Connex sent to their distributors:

Problem
Echo can not be adjusted because the IC gain is too high

Solution
Change R11 from 10K to 12K you may also try a 15K

You might want to give this a try before you spend extra money changing out the echo board.

DTB Radio said:
tc30thz said:
Let me know what you make out with it DTB, I live about 85 miles from Carlisle.

Will do. Might be quite some time, things have been pretty busy lately. Additionally, I'm thinking of putting a hit out on Ma Bell....

DTB have you had time to look at this issue yet?

Just bought the 4300-300 and the echo isn't quite as touchy as the one on the 4600 turbo, but it still doesn't work quite as I would like it to can't get that hollow sound that I like.

Also having problem with the talk back on this radio, and another problem with the volume going out. It still TX's and RX's but I can't hear anyone because of the volume is out. It's like I had turned down the volume down but not off. Don't know but it seems to be a short of some sort. May have to have the cb shop give me another radio.

Here is the fix that Connex sent to their distributors:

Problem
Echo can not be adjusted because the IC gain is too high

Solution
Change R11 from 10K to 12K you may also try a 15K

You might want to give this a try before you spend extra money changing out the echo board.

On the newer EPT0SSB50C echo/reverb board, changing R30 (10K) +/- ohms effects DEPTH of this time based device. It took a 2.7K ohm as R30 to make effect DRY with control just turned on. This unit now behaves as it should.

I realize this is an ancient thread but it's still relevent.

Want to give a shout out to Strykerradio....BIG THANKS for posting this specific info.

Thank you

Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.