• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Copper Electronics

Dei transistors are all gone now, thank god. I think texas star bought all the stock because they are the only ones still using that garbage in their products.

You may get some TS new old stock with some pill popper 100s in them. That means the pills pop in 100 or less keys:ROFLMAO::LOL:

Which ever it was there was a shortage of transistors. I thought he said HG. Don't matter what it is because he can't get any to sell because of the shortage.

Yeah, I guess he probably meant DEIs, but who knows. One would think TS would just switch over to HGs at this point.

Copper pulled everything, though. Not just TS amps. Post above about a “drawer full” of letters is probably accurate. Very slim chance they have not been down this road before.

Yeah, I guess he probably meant DEIs, but who knows. One would think TS would just switch over to HGs at this point.

Copper pulled everything, though. Not just TS amps. Post above about a “drawer full” of letters is probably accurate. Very slim chance they have not been down this road before.

As with Google, Facebook and the rest cutting Deplorables.

Access Denied = being de-platformed.

Sure would hate you boys found a preacher on fire and a radio net used to spread His word. (And no amp).

Honesty still might have a chance. That’s not allowed.

The funny thing is, china is now the leader in electronics development and r&d. And believe it or not korea comes in a close second in the electronics industry. If this is fact i dont know, its something i read on an electronics development site.Now with that being said,you'd think these guys could make a simple high quality rf transistor like toshiba did. Pshhh, DEI, really?

Last edited:
Hmmm...

You bring up and interesting point...

The Resistance values capacitance, even the necessary inductance - all a tuning issue and resonance...for Radios like Cobra, Midland even Uniden

All there, just like what we did to CREATE the chassis in the first place.

Only now reduced to a tiny bunch of chips...

Now, we have to reverse engineer that mess - but we obtain the initial BASE circuit designs, and they have not changed.

Only their insatiable desire to microminiaturize the concept into a tiny platform. Which then takes away our abilities to repair them by conventional means, we have to now upgrade our platforms to repair that technology, not the circuit's used and their basic premise and design (what they do or how it's put together) - the parts in the circuit are still the same, we just need to obtain the method to repair that which they "enclosed" and encased.

And it takes more of the engineering effort to "Break out" the connections to interface to a variable that we can control. We are the human factor, the design they used - did not - they merely copied and automated it. It takes more - a lot more, effort in making the interface for the Human to use and understand, then it is to make the radio itself. It does no one, even them, any good to make it so we can't adjust volume or squelch.

We are losing the battle of the Thru hole, whether by bread boarding or to repair - to a machine they created...

Hey, it's ok, to micron-ize the radio fro convenience, but to take away the ability to build platforms in which to make these concepts work or even develop new ones is being left to a machine - not our imaginations.

Sad...

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.