• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Copper Electronics

Well since you asked lol.

My mfj870 took a crap on me and I recently found out that the meters I want to replace it with are all on back order for some strange reason. The Daiwa 901 I have is dedicated to the output on the station so it has to stay there for peace of mind.

Seems meters of all flavors are out of stock.... to where copper had the very simple Libra 631 for under 100 bucks to get me by on the work bench.

It arrived fine, a quick key on it to verify it works and back in the box until time permits.

Give me some grace as long work days and family make for little spare time but I'll get you some pictures to show it happened lol

Well since you asked lol.

My mfj870 took a crap on me and I recently found out that the meters I want to replace it with are all on back order for some strange reason. The Daiwa 901 I have is dedicated to the output on the station so it has to stay there for peace of mind.

Seems meters of all flavors are out of stock.... to where copper had the very simple Libra 631 for under 100 bucks to get me by on the work bench.

It arrived fine, a quick key on it to verify it works and back in the box until time permits.

Give me some grace as long work days and family make for little spare time but I'll get you some pictures to show it happened lol

ok we waitin THE REAL PORKCHOP be curious too

Rwb, I'm not making it out into the shack tonight but here you go my friend. Hopefully I'll get around to getting it all hooked up and set in place this weekend.

Another interesting thing is they even send you Lazy boy reading material which is something h&y did back in the glory days. Pretty cool

@Handy Andy , the website doesn't show show it in their policy but it's right here in the invoice. Either way I've got no problem with my purchase.

Attachments

• 20210428_192752.jpg
    20210428_192752.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • 20210428_192817.jpg
    20210428_192817.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35
Rwb, I'm not making it out into the shack tonight but here you go my friend. Hopefully I'll get around to getting it all hooked up and set in place this weekend.

Another interesting thing is they even send you Lazy boy reading material which is something h&y did back in the glory days. Pretty cool

@Handy Andy , the website doesn't show show it in their policy but it's right here in the invoice. Either way I've got no problem with my purchase.
good job there.proud of you for posting pictures

@Eldorado828 - as long as you are happy with the purchase - that is all that matters to me.

Would not like to see poor customer service still going on from them - 20 years later....

I know you well enough that your take (on this is to accept) responsibility for your equipment and it's operation. I cannot speak for others, but operation and performance go hand it hand. Many of the issues I've dealt with that did not turn out well, were on both side of the same coin.

Enuff' said...

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb and Slowmover
They also do not allow critical product reviews to be posted.

Hahaha

Tech 808 would not allow me post over there without moderating my post's.
At one point long ago Copper threatened us ( wwrf ) with legal action if we did not remove threads talking about there shortcomings.
Too funny.
I never spent any money with copper, although I did buy some stuff from H&Y electronics.
I purchased a lot of stuff from Charlie3 and he would always beat copper on price every time.
Sad day when Charlie passed.

I bet the FCC really got tired of crotchety old hams trying to turn Copper in for selling export radios and amps.
Texas Star CW transmitters got a pass by the FCC to be sold openly.
And during the train wreck of a court case by the FCC, Ranger Attorneys got the FCC to admit that " 10 meter radios " as sold out of the box were a legal product..... the flood gates were opened.

Jeff

Oh sookie.... Tech808....Lon.

Man I miss ef’ing with him, haha. He’d flub up some spelling and I’d have a ball screwing with him.

Haha, he was talking about Sam Lewis Jr one time and he kept typing Same.... man I had a ball with that. I’m terrible, I know.

OMG, then I got banned and came back as “Undercover Brother” and messed with him, finally got bored and told him who I was - instaban. Haha.

Oh sookie.... Tech808....Lon.

Man I miss ef’ing with him, haha. He’d flub up some spelling and I’d have a ball screwing with him.

Haha, he was talking about Sam Lewis Jr one time and he kept typing Same.... man I had a ball with that. I’m terrible, I know.

OMG, then I got banned and came back as “Undercover Brother” and messed with him, finally got bored and told him who I was - instaban. Haha.

LMAO

I just ordered a Solarcon 99 aka Antron 99. It was the only ground plane antenna that was in stock when I ordered. I used one 2 decades ago back when I ordered it from Copper for $49 or $69 dollars including shipping. I used it for a year then moved and sold it for what I paid for it.

So since 1991 this will make 3 order. 2 A99's and 1 Moon Racker.

I like H&Y they had great prices and never had an issue with them.

Before that especially in Ga. I either went to local CB shop or RadioShack. That was pre-Cellphone and Cheap Chi-Com toys RadioShack.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.