• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

copper

Wow, wish I would know what was said about copper.I got an antenna from them and had no problems and was thinking of getting a rci2985dx from them. Now i`m not sure if I should.

Where is the best place to buy a 2985dx or is copper OK to buy a radio from, and should it be tuned aligned or is it ready to go from factory?

Any advice would be great. thanks,
Roger

airplane1 said:
Wow, wish I would know what was said about copper.I got an antenna from them and had no problems and was thinking of getting a rci2985dx from them. Now i`m not sure if I should.

Where is the best place to buy a 2985dx or is copper OK to buy a radio from, and should it be tuned aligned or is it ready to go from factory?

Any advice would be great. thanks,
Roger
I live about 10 miles from Copper. Over the past 20+ years, I have bought a Cobra 142,HR2510,RCI2950,A-99 antenna and a 20amp power supply from them. Did not have any problems. I did however take the radios to a local CB shop to get them tuned and extras done on them.

First off, anyone who knows me knows I have been on the Copper forum for a long time, and I have bought many items over the years from them without problems.

But, I am not a salesman for them, not a groupie, not a Tech, moderator, etc. just so it's clear and in the open. I am NOT pushing, suggesting or implying that you should or should not do business there. It is your hard earned dollar, and you spend it as you wish. I missed the CB tricks thread and would have like to see it, just for my own curiosity, but I guess it's gone.

I would still purchase from them again (my opinion only), but I have never had a radio tuned by them (again my choice). I have had good luck on purchases personally, and that is all I wanted to say. I don't plan to come here and defend them, because all it would cause is flaming against me, and like I want to spend my off time defending myself because I have been lucky over the years?

People love'em, hate'em, or inbetween. None of that matters to me, I'm just sharing personal experinces with you. Your $, your choice without influence from me.

With that, I'll shutup. I do not to go on one website and hype or trash another website, whether or not I have my own personal beefs how each is run, moderated, or lack of moderation, etc. Each has pros and cons, so I just roll and go on. It's only the internet afterall.....

Alsworld

Thank you for your very good post Alsworld.

I just needed as much info as posible to make a educated buy because I am on very limited income and cant afford to make a mistake. I dont want the cost of shipping back and forth and time so again, thanks for all the info.

AP

I also have purchased most of my radio equipment from Copper because they seem to have the best price out there... No problems to date. If there was a problem product warranty would kick in.

Just my humble experience. I am not affiliated with them.... Just a satisfied customer. :D Oh I do frequent their message board. :!:

If you want to find out how dumb you are , just buy a item from them that needs to be returned for any reason
I bought a mic from them wired for my radio at the time. It came wired wrong and I called to send it back. I was told it was my my fault because i didn't know how to use it.
The lady I spoke to had the personality of a rattlesnake !!
I quit the forum a couple of years ago because of LOL.......... I don't even waste my time now checking that forum.
People are being led down the wrong path by LOL pushing what ever product he received FREE that month.
I even pay higher prices from other companies so I don't have to deal with them

radiotech, do not get me wrong here, we are all about being able to allow an individual to tell about their actual experiences. We will not tollerate ignorance, your post has been removed. If you have a problem with that feel free to PM any of the admins.

181, I deleted your post only because of the quote while you were pointing him being out of line. Your defense was to be admired.

I didnt think the rest of the people needed to see what was posted. I hope you understand, thanks again 181.

Happy_Hamer said:
radiotech, do not get me wrong here, we are all about being able to allow an individual to tell about their actual experiences. We will not tollerate ignorance, your post has been removed. If you have a problem with that feel free to PM any of the admins.

181, I deleted your post only because of the quote while you were pointing him being out of line. Your defense was to be admired.

I didnt think the rest of the people needed to see what was posted. I hope you understand, thanks again 181.

I understand fully Bill. No problem here.

I didn't see what 181 posted but maybe my post came across wrong then .I was trying to say that Lon used to do some traveling,and other activites besides taking care of that forum,but now he will be around 24/7 and will be deleting and censoring alot more post's .Thats what was meant by that.I am sorry if it came out wrong did not mean to.Someone else expressed this EXACT thing on another forum and they had no problem with it,maybe I just expressed my opinion wrong,sorry.

The thing with forums like those that are owned by radios shops is the main purpose for them is to help their customers and push their products-- they are in business and want to make money-- they are going to push products that they sell, push their techs as great etc etc-- its to make money-- on line radio shops are a cheap way to make money (low overhead)-- and thats what they are in business for..... to make money--- they are not going to push a product that they don't sell and send the customers elsewhere-- the forum is there to bring in business and extra customers, not loose them
Unfortunatly your not going to get an unbiased opinion of radio gear on these sites-- that recent review of a new radio on the market at a certain site is a perfect example

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.