• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Slowmover,

Looks like you may get to roll without keeping that second log book for a while......

Trump Suspends 1938 Road Law, Gives Truckers Green Light To Move Emergency Supplies

All along America’s highways, trucks hauling vital relief supplies are cutting through red tape, thanks to President Donald Trump.

The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration on Friday announced that a 1938 law regulating the hours of service for truck drivers was being waived on a national basis to battle the coronavirus. The agency said this was first time the rule had ever been waived .

“I will never hesitate to take any necessary steps to protect the lives, health, and safety of the American people. I will always put the well-being of America first,” Trump said, according to a White House media pool report.

The rule currently forbids truck drivers from driving more than 11 hours during a 14-hour work period. After that, drivers are required by law to have 10 hours of down time.

https://www.westernjournal.com/trum..._campaign=dailypm&utm_content=western-journal

Classic..
Screenshot_20200316-154203(1).png

Reactions: G GOLLY WAlly
NJ and PA have "strongly suggested" curfew from both Governor of both states. Also non-essential businesses should close as well. Food, drug stores and such are exempt. Also suggest no eat in places and all non food serving bars close as well.

Not Marshall law but not far from it. Most people read it as MUST DO.

Mayor of St Petersburg has cut restaurant capacities in half. My job is pretty well phucked at this point. Lots to throw away.

ABC airing special report, started with avoiding groups of ten or more. Now, bashing Trump over changes made to suggested views of CDC. But they show the liberal media correspondents at the WH briefing room taking each others temp. What a fucking joke, these news people are. Anything to spread hype, hysteria, or Trump bashing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.