• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Correct Place to Test SWR?

Forgot to mention. When I removed the 12’ of coax, I also removed the choke as I then didn’t have enough coax to make one. Also am not using the ferrite beads this time around.

Extremely low SWR, improved performance with the increase in height (according to locals) and no visual evidence of CMC in shack. All’s good.

Couldn’t help myself and drug out the analyzer. Results:

CH 1: 1:11
CH 20: 1.08
CH 40: 1.12

Note exactly the same as the Meter readings (Post #60) but darn close and the pattern is the same. Finally!

Don’t know if the difference-maker was getting the antenna higher or the 12’ change in coax length. Or both. Or something else. Regardless, time and effort paid off. Plumbing leak is fixed and I can sleep at night. :p

Reactions: ForestRunner98
You will dream about three gremlins all night long. One will be standing, one will be lying down waving at you, and the third will sit in a chair between them glaring at you...:sneaky:

Reactions: Slowmover
You will dream about three gremlins all night long. One will be standing, one will be lying down waving at you, and the third will sit in a chair between them glaring at you...:sneaky:

That's exactly what happened last night. :(
But when I awoke this morning and found everything still on Cloud Nine, I forgot about them! :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.