• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

P.S. You could email them and see if they'll come down on the price. I bought a ar stereo online one time and I emailed the seller and told them that if they'll knock $100 off the price of the radio and ship it for free that I would buy it. They did. It never hurts to ask.

P.S. You could email them and see if they'll come down on the price. I bought a ar stereo online one time and I emailed the seller and told them that if they'll knock $100 off the price of the radio and ship it for free that I would buy it. They did. It never hurts to ask.

Yea or just not buy it from them and let them sit on their shelf collecting dust until they come down to a real price:)

Thanks Hot Rod, it just bugs me that the Anytone Version 5-6 is selling for 199 and the CRE is selling for that much. I got caught up in the frenzy with the Alpha 10 Max 1000. That was version 1 of the Anytone with not much audio on AM but it worked ok, the RF Rain control was the give away that it was the first ones out. So paying almost 300 for that then getting the latest Anytone for 199 I just can't see paying anything more than 199 the the CRE. If they don't sell the price will come down sooner or later

more adjustable from the front panel without using a computer. Has a lot more functions from the func button, does over 40 watts on SSB and is stable on all SSB and AM functions. The newest I have seen the board is version 5 but needs version 6 software for programming. Most of the programming can be done through the front panel buttons without using a computer. Great radio all around, hears very well and will do almost anything

The Anytone is a Chicom radio. The 8900 would not need constant PC programming. Once you set the most common settings you would rarely need to change them again. The most important and frequently changed settings can still be chaged via the front panel.

It's all in what you want.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.