• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

CRE 8900 SSB - don't know if anyone had posted this yet

First off lets get this straight they are all made in China. The CRT SS6900 is a version 3 or 4 of they said is a France radio but it is really an Anytone just a little different. The CRE is like the CRT but again made in China and the sellers are from France. Seems programming will work with any of them with the correct version number.

First off lets get this straight they are all made in China. The CRT SS6900 is a version 3 or 4 of they said is a France radio but it is really an Anytone just a little different. The CRE is like the CRT but again made in China and the sellers are from France. Seems programming will work with any of them with the correct version number.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I want one that can go all the way from 25 something mhz to I guess right under 30 mhz,made good,a solid performer,and hopefully doesn't have to be sent back to China if it burps.

The chance you take with no stateside support. Is why I took a hosing with my Optima.

It's only money...Tis why I am ordering the 8900. Both seem to be decent radios. I just like the small size of the 8900.

JAWAG, since the Anytone is larger, I suppose the controls would be easier to manipulate. The 8900, with its small size would give more mounting possibilities.

small

JAWAG, since the Anytone is larger, I suppose the controls would be easier to manipulate. The 8900, with its small size would give more mounting possibilities.

Yea. Small"s good. It might go in my double Din radio hole. My Sony center channel speaker occupies that space underneath my din sized Blaupunkt. However,the heat from the heater gets up in that space and gets my radio too hot. Isolate and ventilate

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.